My First Day

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've really enjoyed my first day of total freedom.

After some meaningless posts here, I rode my bike the 8 miles into town to mail a package, and hung around in the sun looking at the view for a while.

On the way back I waved down a woman driver whose front license plate was dangling.  "Thanks, I know about it" she said, and then she gave me the perfect set up -- I'm not making this up.  She said "I'm on my way to get a screw."

So I said "Well when you're done with that, you better take care of the license plate!"

No, sadly, I didn't think of that line until later.

Then I went out with DW and DD for a fantastic Fish Taco Plate lunch, followed by a trip into the bigger town for a free piano lesson from a good local jazz musician.

Finally, a walk with DW on a beach we rarely go to, followed by some more meaningless posts.

Tomorrow surfing or fishing.

Freedom, man!

Does your wife know that you spent your first day of freedom flagging down and chatting up strange women?

TromboneAl said:

Now that you have so much free time, perhaps you should practice more so you can come up with answers quicker.  Set-up like that don't come by very often!

bpp said:
Does your wife know that you spent your first day of freedom flagging down and chatting up strange women?

I'm sure she understands.........:) I was in a bar on Saturday night. A younger acquaintance of mine was trying to get me into trouble with my wife. He told her I went to a strip club with him (not true) and got a lap dance and was out of control. My wife looks him in the eye and says: "That's not my husband............when he goes to the strip club he ALWAYS takes me".......... :D :D :D

God, I love that woman!!!

d00d,

You DID it... I knew you could! Welcome to land of IDWIWWIW. I Do What I Want When I Want. ;)

Wait till one morning you wake up and for what ever reason you realize you don't have to get out of bed if you don't want to, you can close your eyes and snuggle into the pillow and smile knowing that you are off leash :D. Some other person has to get up get dressed and shlep into work and do the dirty deed you used to do. No fighting traffic, no unexpected work piled on by the boss, no getting screwed out of something you worked for and some unworthy person got instead of you, no more rumors and office back stabbing, no more unreasonable demands by even more unlikeable bosses :D. You Are Free :LOL:
I had one of those days recently, the weather was perfect for catching another half hour of sleep and I so enjoyed not having to worry about being late or making excuses, because I now make the agenda. It has been worth the struggle, the scrimping, the waiting, the... well I guess you get the picture.
Welcome to the bright side Mr. and enjoy yourself and your family.

Kitty

Not my first day but I did take my cat out and shave him this morning. Now where's CFB with his joke about me shaving my pu$$y? cat. Don't worry Al, it took me 6 hours to figure that one out. :D

Kitty said:
Wait till one morning you wake up and for what ever reason you realize you don't have to get out of bed if you don't want to, you can close your eyes and snuggle into the pillow and smile knowing that you are off leash :D. Some other person has to get up get dressed and shlep into work and do the dirty deed you used to do. No fighting traffic, no unexpected work piled on by the boss, no getting screwed out of something you worked for and some unworthy person got instead of you, no more rumors and office back stabbing, no more unreasonable demands by even more unlikeable bosses :D. You Are Free :LOL:
You're gonna remember these words fondly next time you're struggling with the geese, right?

Now where's CFB with his joke about me shaving my pu$$y? cat.

I don't shave mine, but sometimes I have to yank matted hair out of it. Maybe that's a sign I should start shaving it? :D

Andre1969 said:
Now where's CFB with his joke about me shaving my pu$$y? cat.
I don't shave mine, but sometimes I have to yank matted hair out of it.  Maybe that's a sign I should start shaving it?  :D
That depends. Are you wearing a mask & snorkel at the time?

TromboneAl said:
I've really enjoyed my first day of total freedom.

After some meaningless posts here, I rode my bike the 8 miles into town to mail a package, and hung around in the sun looking at the view for a while.

On the way back I waved down a woman driver whose front license plate was dangling.  "Thanks, I know about it" she said, and then she gave me the perfect set up -- I'm not making this up.  She said "I'm on my way to get a screw."

So I said "Well when you're done with that, you better take care of the license plate!"

Then I went out with DW and DD for a fantastic Fish Taco Plate lunch, followed by a trip into the bigger town for a free piano lesson from a good local jazz musician.

Finally, a walk with DW on a beach we rarely go to, followed by some more meaningless posts.

Tomorrow surfing or fishing.

Freedom, man!

Al - What kind of bike do you ride?

Back
Top Bottom