My personal Costco Effect

Do food samples at Costco count as dining out? Works for me!
Last time I visited Costco on a Friday morning, the grocery section was jam packed with seniors noshing on samples - guess it was their lunch. The "Winter Texans" are at their peak.

We don't eat out often in any case.....we went out the other night for the first time in a long time and frankly were disappointed in the quality of the meal. Place was packed, though. Same thing happened for me at another restaurant for a club meeting - wasn't very good. I can cook something much nicer and cheaper at home....

+1
Most places around here are chain restaurants so the only thing going for them in my opinion is consistancy. Of course that is only good if you like their food in the first place and don't mind paying for something that is only slightly better than fast food. So much is prepackaged, prepared in advanced, frozen, and highly salted. Food handling and cleanliness might also be a factor.

Cheers!

I am also a Foodie. Must have good food, selection and I cook a lot. There are three must have stores. Costco, Trader Joe's and Wegmans. I enjoy shopping at all three. Costco has great prices on just about everything. But quantities can be a challenge. Gas, cheese, meat, produce, cloths, electronics, coffee, cereal, fruit, wine, and their ice cream is the best anywhere. Trader Joes for some of there specialty items. Also wine fruit and things you want in small amounts.

Now Wegmans is another story completely. If I could only have one of the three it would be Wegman's. Yes you do pay a bit more, not excessive, but slightly more. But the quality is outstanding. Wine selection is great. And their web site is the absolute best. You can build your online shopping list, always find the lowest cost item, and then print the list with a store map that shows you exactly where everything is located. My shopping trips go so much faster when you know exactly where everything is located. The cheese shop and butcher shop are first class. The choice of every product is better then anywhere. The recipes they have are always good. And find a recipe you like and with one click add the ingredients to you shopping list along with store map and location. If you need gluten free they have a huge selection. Huge beer selection, great bakery, in store dining, correct size shopping carts, and so much more.

My local Costco is refilling ink cartridges now. Six bucks. Anxious to see how it works.

I have used Costco's refill for both color and black cartridges for my HP OfficeJet 6500. So far so good BUT recognize your printer may still tell you the cartridge needs replacing. Apparently Costco is not "authorized" to reset the sensor chip.
I took my color refills back and they checked the fill to confirm and shared that the printer would still say empty. When I use the "check ink" status button, all the Costco cartridges show low ink warnings.
Printer still work fine, so it looks like I will do what I did before ink sensors--when I get light, missing images, replace the cartridge. ;-).
Price is certainly better than new, especially if you are a high volume user.
Nwsteve

Back
Top Bottom