Natural Gas Bill

Martha said:
Provided I only have to when you are really being sarcastic or funny. ;)

no deal. Who's qualified to be the arbiter of that? ;)

justin said:
I'll agree to use the ' ;) ' to denote sarcasm or an attempt at humor if you will agree to provide me pro bono ER forum legal defense every time I'm mistconstrued and flamed for being stupid, insane, asinine, right-wing, Hollywood elitist, atheistic, Darwinistic, unscientific, intelligent design, racist, liberal, and otherwise idiotic. ;)

Wow, what a jerk.

Oh yeah...
;)

(this is sarcasm)

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Hey, can you think of a better arbiter?

At least yer not gonna get some wishy washy half assed opinion.

Just a half assed one.

I disagree...

You could give a full assed opinion. :D

Nah, according to some people, I cant find my ass with both hands. I found half of it with one hand though.

That'll have to do.

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Nah, according to some people, I cant find my ass with both hands.  I found half of it with one hand though. 

That'll have to do.

I hear ya! ;)

justin said:
no deal.  Who's qualified to be the arbiter of that?  ;)

I think there should be a poll.

A separate poll for each instance of alleged sarcasm.

Where IS Dan Tien anyway:confused: He didn't go to Spain already did he?

Do you Canadians have subsidized natural gas prices? Or are your houses much more energy efficient? Lower thermostat temperature? Maybe it's an English/metric celsius/farenheit conversion thing? (the last one is a joke, of course)

Nope... I've been doing a local poll around here and most people are paying MUCH more than normal. I guess MY low gas price is cause I live in the country, and I buy my gas from a co-op. This eliminates the middle man (ie the city municipality). I also do keep the temp low when not at home and have my home facing south with full windows to passively heat in the winter.

I am also lucky to live in Alberta.. where the Alberta government is sending $400.00 to each and every alberta citizen (even infants) to help pay for high natural gas. For my wife and I, thats of course $800.00. That is MORE than we'll pay this winter for gas.... It's SO funny! (Our check is waiting for us now at the post office)

It was just announced that next months rates are falling dramatically also.

Very timely, I just got my natural gas Bill and it is $180 US for an R2000 Home,3000 sq . ft , two people, I try to be efficient, not a lot of washing.
i suspect it might be my fire , which i like to turn on, but it still seems unusually high?

Paying 0.28 US per M3(?), rest is storage, delivery etc., using 12 cubic metres /day.

Summer Months we use less than 2 cubic metres a day.

You forgot to mention the monthly rebate that the Alberta government credits back from Nov - Mar during the winter heating season. It's a tiered rebate and kicks in once the gas retailer charges more than $5.50/GJ. It's the provincial government's way of returning some of the royalties it's reaping from all of the oil and gas and gas production.

You forgot to mention the monthly rebate that the Alberta government credits back from Nov - Mar

God Calgary_girl!, Could life get ANY better?

gReeNy said:
God Calgary_girl!, Could life get ANY better?

Well, it could be better if I was retired but we're working on it ;) And, I'm still waiting for my "Ralph Bucks"...hopefully it'll get here today :D

CT, fine arts, Scenery, Dining, that is not Calgary.

Sprawling strip plazas, the scenery is pretty pathetic until you get close to the BC Border.

I'll take the trade as long as you throw in Boston and a city to be named later??

Chr*st, Howard, Union energy just upped NG prices from $.31 to $.41 in Southwestern ON.

They are going to have to drop them accordingly in the next quarter.

Although we know who always gets screwed in this smoothing out process! :D

I've always lived in a town with a pro sports team.

The simpering from the billionaire team owner about how the city just MUST build a new stadium with more luxury suites for the billionaire to be able to make a profit, else they'll have to move the team, does wear a little thin after a while.

Hey Zip, I bought Baytex Debentures, paid $99.50 a few months ago, now they are up to $135, they are a play on NG, and so far they are paying the bills.(BTE.DB/TSE).

What is with thsi weather, I have bulbs poking up, normally happens in March:confused:

Howard said:
CT, fine arts, Scenery, Dining, that is not Calgary.

Sprawling strip plazas, the scenery is pretty pathetic until you get close to the BC Border.

I'll take the trade as long as you throw in Boston and a city to be named later??

That's pretty funny Howie. Thanks for the laugh :LOL: If I remember correctly, you're somewhere in Ontari-owe right? How's the economy there? And when did the Leafs last make it to the playoffs again?

Just got the gas bill for 12/21/05 thru 1/24/06. It was $209. Doesn't sound too bad at first but this is for an 1850 sq. ft. one level home in Virginia. We have had a very mild winter so far. I had extra insulation blown into the attic and installed a storm door. I also installed insulation around all electric outlets on outside walls and had insulating film put on the windows. The gas is for heating only, we have electric hot water. So, the rise in natual gas prices definitely has had an impact. I shudder to think what the bill would have been for a cold winter without the insulating efforts I took.

Grumpy

CenterPoint Energy here in the Houston area announced yesterday that they are reducing natural gas rates by about 25% for gas used in January and billed to consumers in February. It's good to see that they are as quick to drop the price as they were to raise it when the price of natural gas was on the rise at the end of 2005.

Article from Houston Chronicle

Howard said:
Sprawling strip plazas

Wow...whole plazas dedicated to...oh...you mean 'strip malls', which also sounded good to me at first... :(
I'll have to extend my apologies to all canadians, but given that half my family comes from canada, I've worked canada as a sales territory for almost a decade and been all over the country, and lived 32 years in Boston..lets just say that I'm afraid there will be no need for a city to be named later...in fact, I think you'll end up owing us a Toronto or something like that...

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Wow...whole plazas dedicated to...oh...you mean 'strip malls', which also sounded good to me at first... :(

I just found out this morning that the official new name for strip malls is "open-air shopping destinations". Or so says my strip mall developer clients. ;)

Back
Top Bottom