Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Never thought I would go back...
Old 04-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Never thought I would go back...

Well, I never thought I would be working again.

It has been 8 years since I retired. I was very happy, not bored, and the portfolio is doing just fine.

For me though, I found a job that allows me to entertain my passion for electric cars

I am driving people around in a Tesla now, working as a contractor for Uber!
And while it is a job, I log in whenever I want, work as long or short as I want, and get to introduce people to the wonders of riding in an electric car

I couldn't be happier, it really doesn't feel like working. It is more like getting paid for what I love doing
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds cool. I should look into it myself. Did you have to get the OK from your car insurance company?
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #3

Just looked at electrics and hybrids. Can't justify a Tesla. Well, I COULD, but DW won't let me.

Do you get a demo car to drive home?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #4

You just gave me a bad thought about w*#king for Tesla ...

... Get thee behind me Satan lol
Old 04-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphim View Post
Just looked at electrics and hybrids. Can't justify a Tesla. Well, I COULD, but DW won't let me.

Do you get a demo car to drive home?
When I first raised the idea with my wife.... Well, let's just say my normally introverted, quiet wife became more angry than I had ever seen her before, or since.

I let it drop. And then a few months later we went to a test drive event. She test drove, and the rest is history
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd View Post
Sounds cool. I should look into it myself. Did you have to get the OK from your car insurance company?
I did inquire and they haven't gotten back to me. I need to follow up on that.
However, Uber provides insurance for the passengers while you are transporting someone, AND will cover you personally if your insurance does not, while you are on duty.

« Earthquake | Slomo »