nm

Re: What I woke to this morning! - Pictures

Cut-Throat

And then we have people actually leaving New Orleans for their ski vacations before the season ends.

Go figure.

Nice pictures - reminds me of June in Littleton,Co the day after the snow tires come off.

Last week I was in Florida, today I wake up to this!

I'd like to say it's pretty, but it's getting tough to do in March!

3 weeks to the Bahamas!
Just think some people actually have to go out to work in that!

Last week I was in Florida, today I wake up to this! I'd like to say it's pretty, but it's getting tough to do in March! 3 weeks to the Bahamas!

Just think some people actually have to go out to work in that!

I get these feelings myself. I could move a bit farther south but then the summers would be too hot and I'd be bitching about that. So, I'm content, at least until I get a bit older, to look out the window on days like in the picture and just be glad I don't have to go out in it

Yes, when I saw all this new snow. I put the pot of coffee on, built a fire and watched it fill up my deck outside the window.

I then flipped on the TV and watched all those poor suckers commuting to work, spinning out in the ditch and running into each other.

BTW - The 4 Wheel Drive Pickups make the most spectacular crashes of all. They use all that drive to build up speed, and then the ice takes over all that momentum and then :D

BTW - The 4 Wheel Drive Pickups make the most spectacular crashes of all. They use all that drive to build up speed, and then the ice takes over all that momentum and then

This winter we had a big snowstorm up in Seattle. The newshounds were interviewing the local towing company, who mentioned that most of the vehicles they were pulling out of the snow were 4WDs... people thought it somehow gave them the magical power of driving 70mph on ice :D

Hey Cut-Throat..............when I lived in Upper Michigan
we would have called that stuff in your pictures
flurries :)

John Galt

Very Nice Pictures. I completely understand what you mean about it being March and still saying it is pretty. It has been a long winter.

Friday morning I got up and looked out the window toward's Pikes Peak. Unfortunatley I couldn't see it for the clouds and snow. So I turned on the TV to see if the base had delayed reporting. Of course we did so this gave me time to get the snow blower out to clean the side walks and driveway. I then headed out on a very nice sheet of ice all the way to work. Sporty driving at best. Of course traffic was light as some people were taking advantage of the delayed reporting time.

All the way to work I was thinking about how nice it will be when my AF time ends to just be able to stay in on these types of days. When I arrived the only folks that were in my office was the military retirees now contractors. I guess they still feel that since of duty that I do or maybe they just couldn't RE and stay home. If I was able I sure would have been home playing with the kids instead of sliding to work.

JDW

Hey GDER,

Thanks for the welcome. I have been in COS since 97 and will be here on current assignment until '06. Need one more assignment probably in COS or Denver then it will be time to hang it up. But I must admit depending on if I made Rank and could get the right Commander's job at the right location I might stay 2 more years. To make Hay of course :)

I hope those guys were making Hay, but what a day to be doing it on that was for sure. Most of them have mortgagitis (?), kids near college age, and are driving a new high end vehicle.

So what does GDER stand for? Government Dependent Early Retiree? I may change mine to GEER, Government Enhanced Early Retiree when I get there.

I also see you are traveling some. Ever do the space A thing? We have traveled 3 times in the last year and will be going again soon. I see retirees in the system all the time.

JDW

What a lot of picturesque place names! We can't match
that. One place I want to go is located in northern
Kentucky where my Dad was born on the banks of
"Ol' Milk and Mush", just downstream from Gravel
Switch, Kentucky. Exploring my family roots has great
appeal, although I've spent little time at it.

John Galt

One way in which my wife and I are completely
in sync is that (while we enjoy some traveling) we
mostly prefer to spend time at home. The Terhorst's
lifestyle (perpetual travelers) has no appeal whatsoever.
This stay-at-home tendency helps our budget
but that's not why we do it. We enjoy our
nest (now nests) and need a permanent base in our
lives. Seems there is plenty to do where we live.
Also, in my case, most of the "vacations" or major
trips in my life were disappointing. I was left wishing
I'd stayed at home and saved the money. Formerly
a first class/four star/pick-up- he tab kind of guy,
I now mostly travel on the cheap and find I enjoy it
much more. Anyway, lots of retirees say they want to travel. That wouldn't even make my top 10 list of ER
activities, unless maybe on a motorcycle.

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom