Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Really enjoying ER today...........................
Old 04-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Got up this morning, went outside to enjoy a sunny, mild spring morning. Stared at the geese drifting by on the lake. Watched a crane catch some breakfast. Saw a few more geese fly directly overhead. The moist grass still damp with morning dew. Ah, that's the life.

Then I remembered I was just walking from the house to the car. I had to hurry and drop the baby off at daycare then go to work.

Maybe I'll get in a nice lakeside dinner at sunset tonight, since it gets dark an hour later now

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #22

Quote:
...getting ready for an afternoon of creating our first green waste in almost six weeks.
Nice setup, but I'll pass.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl

Nice setup, but I'll pass.
I'm not so sure you did!

setab
Old 04-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #24

We have sun today after what seems like a month of rain.

I'm going to spend some time in my garden today...finally.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Same here, sunny and blue sky after a mid-day clearing yesterday. Finally got to cut my tiny bit of lawn for the first time in almost a month. Gabe is similarly pleased with the warmer, dry weather. He now gets to resume his job of wandering the cul de sac, checking everyones wheels and tires.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #26

We had 11 inches of snow today but it turned to rain and it all melted like crazy. My sump pump went out and I bailed water until DW could get a new pump. All is well now and the basement is safe but is was a sphinter factor of 9.9 for a while.

This weekend it is supposed to hit near 70. Gotta love Spring in the intermountain West.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer
Don't feel bad, Lawrence. The only windows in our office are back in the training room, where we are from 8:15 to 9:00, too many mornings. Our office usually gets from 74-76 degrees every afternoon. The manager then turns on the air conditioning and whoever is sitting underneath the vents gets really cold. The heating system was poorly designed. Good for you not getting trapped by the bigger house and the new cars. You will get to retirement before you know it!

Dreamer
our office hits mid 80's...with the AC ON!!! They claim theyre fixing it, but I dunno. the LOW blow was when they bought us all popsicles.....

And no, I dont work at a 7-11. I work for a finance company
Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed
our office hits mid 80's...with the AC ON!!! They claim theyre fixing it, but I dunno. the LOW blow was when they bought us all popsicles.....

And no, I dont work at a 7-11. I work for a finance company
I will have to go into work Monday and let them know how good we really have it. I hope that they get it fixed quickly for your sake. Popsicles eh!

Dreamer
Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #29
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Got up this morning, went outside to enjoy a sunny, mild spring morning.* Stared at the geese drifting by on the lake.* Watched a crane catch some breakfast.* Saw a few more geese fly directly overhead.* The moist grass still damp with morning dew.* Ah, that's the life.*

My job is kinda like that. I work on a dock with 3 big windows over the lake. I can see birds and fish from my office and sometimes if the payroll clerk isn't in the company cat comes to visit. We even have beavers that live at work. I like the king fisher birds, one was sitting on the maple tree with a little fish crossways in his beak flopping one day. This week the Canadian Geese are back. If I don't want to be indoors I can step out the door and look into the water and see crayfish or little fish or I can go walk on the dock and look at the ships.
But I still want to retire.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #30

We spent a fabulously relaxing weekend with our friends at their cottage on Edisto (one of the sea islands). Alas, I was the only one who didn't need to go back to work on Monday, so we all had to leave Sunday afternoon* At least I brought home severl pounds of sweet local shrimp and invited a few people over for shrimp & grits tonight (and green beans and salad and wine)...mmm.