Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Nords in Air Force Times
Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Nords in Air Force Times

Nords is in the Air Force times newspaper and a plug for the book. The article is called "Military Millionares" I can not find a copy online yet, when I do I will post it here. The article talks about saving early and reaping the benefits. I have suggested that book to several people that I work with. The article just helps me explain things to the younger troops I work with.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! I happen to have a link to it right here:
Filling your retirement war chest doesn’t have to be a gamble - Military Money, Navy Money, navy pay, pay charts - Navy Times

Jon Anderson profiles several servicemembers with the point that many of us can earn $1M-$2M over a 20-year career.

For some reason he christened me as "Greg" in the sidebar, but I've asked for a correction. If that's the worst mistake the media makes then I'm pretty happy.

Your younger troops might be able to find a free copy of the 4"x6" 64-page pocket-guide version of the book at the base family service center. The publisher says that a lot of the centers have been buying them out of the odds & ends of their quarterly funding. I just can't tell you if they've made it all the way over there yet.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
I saw thew same article in Army Times last week.

The legend and fame of Nords continues...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I was curious enough to Google "military millionaire" and came up with Hamlin's book.

He's running a contest for reader stories in the 3rd edition. Submit your entry before July!

Writing Contest!

Quote:
1st place $1000
2nd place$750
3rd place $500
4th place $250
5th place $250

Here’s how:

I want to keep the stories in my book fresh and new. I want to add true stories to the book so you’ll be able to see what real service members just like yourself go through. How they may suffer from mishandling their finances. Or, how they prosper when applying good money management.

To that end, I’m offering a $1000.00 first place prize in cold cash to anyone who submits the most interesting, informative and educational financial story.

Your unique story will be included in Military Millionaires - 3rd Edition

The contest is open to any member of the military – any branch of service.

What I’m Looking For:
Your financial story could be extremely positive, extremely negative, or anywhere in between.
The contest is based on content.
I’m interested in the story you have to share — not your writing style.
I’m looking for ideas, concepts, budget techniques, savings plans, investments (could be rental properties, anything). Any financial scenario that is unique – good, not so good, or bad.
Then, on July 4th, 2012 I’ll post the winners on this website.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I just sent the AFT link to my CG daughters. Only 2 of them because the third is still in boot camp.
Tekward is offline   Reply With Quote