Nords makes Forbes

Nice to be able to say you know a few famous people !

The tripling mentioned sounds entirely feasible since the
S&P has more than tripled over a similar time period.

Last edited:
Nice job Nords. Anyone else see the typo in this line from the article.
"But the market hit the bottom in March 2019."

Anyone else see the typo in this line from the article.
"But the market hit the bottom in March 2019."

And: "Even with the more risk-adverse portfolio..."

Last edited:
And just think, we all got the benefit of his wisdom eons before it was shared with the world.

OTOH, it’s stunning that Forbes would publish a typo like this:
“the market hit the bottom in March 2019”

....should’ve been 2009.

I hope he got a haircut before the photo shoot!

signed, Mom

I keed. I almost wish I could grow hair

Does anyone else have the sneaking feeling that a lot of readers could come away with "You can only do this if you have a military pension"?

Does anyone else have the sneaking feeling that a lot of readers could come away with "You can only do this if you have a military pension"?
+1. That and I also thought about health insurance! I could care less about the pension but the thing that is holding me back is the outrageous healthcare costs. I know AHA is there but I still don't trust that it will be around long term.

At the rate he's going Nord's will soon be living off ad revenue. :)

Congrats, Nords.

(The article alludes to it but it doesn't give Nords enough credit for all the help he gives military folks via his book and comprehensive web site.)

Way to go Nords...Hang 10!
:clap:

Last edited:

Never been in service, so I wonder how many ex-GI with the same benefits of pension and healthcare fail to attain the same FI status.

I have been here long enough to know that Nords has been making efforts to educate other veterans about financial matters. As it did not apply to me as a civilian, I did not read the literature that he broadcasts, but when he was active here on this forum, he described seeing so many who were clueless.

Education is always good. That way, fewer will later say that they are unlucky. And indeed, I was not lucky to have parents who were knowledgeable about investing. All they knew were to be frugal and to stash money under the mattress. And that happened because they themselves did not grow up in an environment with other investment opportunities.

I have no doubt that message bliminal or subliminal, might very well be received even if it's not being sent. I don't know how the big paycheck demographic views this kind of thing, but I have learned to STFU wrt "how possible it is for anyone to do it" when talking to members of my own tribe.

If an O-4, especially one married to another O-4, can't find a way to retire early..... well, yes, it really is easy. But if you don't have a pension you'll have to save more

It's a bit like the not-an-alcoholic telling the alcoholic how easy it is to stop drinking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom