Officially 100% retired Hooray!

Bigritchie

Recycles dryer sheets
So just tonight finished the training for my business for the new buyers, I am officially retired and it is so far kinda strange. I am sure it will hit me some more next week.

It started at around 5 years old thinking the world system was kinda strange, and realizing I never wanted to work for someone, and that road has ended today at 30 1/2.

I think I am going to do nothing but sleep the next month or so then hit some wonderful tropical beach somewhere and just exhale.

All the sacrifice is finally paying off. I guess I just feel really humble tonight mostly, and very lucky and blessed by God to be where I am today. Right now I cannot even think "wow I am retired", it is more of just that very tired peaceful state after finishing a long race. I am kinda glad that the working for myself part was so challenging and all the BS I faced over the last decade, has made me be able to appreciate ER so much.

I am sure I will post more the next few days, right now I am just to tired.................and for the first time in a while too Mellow.

Way to go! You have the best Christmas gift of anyone I've ever met. That's an amazing accomplishment at your age.

Wow! Retired at 30.5 years of age??!! Gosh, at that age, I was at the bottom of the career ladder at MegaCorp -- in fact, I didn't graduate from college until age 30!

CONGRATULATIONS...and have a wonderful night's sleep!

Bigritchie, congratulations! This has got to make for a very Merry Christmas, and a New Year to anticipate. Well done!

Coach

Bigritchie, congratulations! This has got to make for a very Merry Christmas, and a New Year to anticipate. Well done!

Coach

Yea I feel like a little kid again, and that I have the entire world ahead of me again.

Throw away the wrist watch you won't need it any more.:D:D:D

Congratulations!!!! That inner smile you have right now will continue for a long time. I still find myself grinning whenever something related to my past w**k comes up.

So I had my first adventure today. The grocery store! I went from mother fed, or growing up on a farm with the grandparents, to the Marines which fed me, then I ate at my store everyday.

We went to the grocery store every now and then just for maybe 1-2 meals.

So now figuring out how to grocery shop and cook for 2 people is kind of weird.

I have to figure out what it should cost 2 people per month in east Tennessee not to mention buying meals instead of junk food.

Yea I feel like a little kid again, and that I have the entire world ahead of me again.

Always loved the last Calvin & Hobbes comic strip....it sure fits ER!!!

Attachments

• Calvin-n-Hobbes_last-strip 60kb.gif
    Calvin-n-Hobbes_last-strip 60kb.gif
    59.8 KB · Views: 71
Well done. You just got your life back. ER is the best thing that I've ever done for me.

way to go bigritchie.

when i first entered college i made a study of people who had become millionaires before the age of 30. but when i think back i didn't at all have in mind the idea of becoming financially independent so that i wouldn't have to work. not working was never a part of my research. maybe if i actually had a goal of what to do with all that money, i might have set my mind to it. instead i started hanging out with the hare chrishnas and became a hippie (actually a post-hippie as i was born a little too late).

now that you don't have to be responsible for earning a living, maybe you'll become a hippie too.

enjoy.

way to go bigritchie.

when i first entered college i made a study of people who had become millionaires before the age of 30. but when i think back i didn't at all have in mind the idea of becoming financially independent so that i wouldn't have to work. not working was never a part of my research. maybe if i actually had a goal of what to do with all that money, i might have set my mind to it. instead i started hanging out with the hare chrishnas and became a hippie (actually a post-hippie as i was born a little too late).

now that you don't have to be responsible for earning a living, maybe you'll become a hippie too.

enjoy.

I haven't shaved in over a week so I am well on my way!

Congratulations Bigritchie!!!! Here's to the rest of your life!
The grocery store befuddles me to this day....I don't know how to plan for meals a week in advance....but at least you will have fun learning!

Congratulations Bigritchie!!!! Here's to the rest of your life!
The grocery store befuddles me to this day....I don't know how to plan for meals a week in advance....but at least you will have fun learning!

I figure sooner or later someone will open a grocery store chain, where they have people there that teach you how to eat, grocery shop, prepare food, and then help all us poor men who have been forced by our wifes to go pick up some strange item.

How selfish!!! 30 years old and not working? :eek: I think you need to report to Bingo and confess your sins!:bat: Sorry I had to do it!:cool:

Oops sorry it's Bongo:-[

Last edited:
Way to go, Bigritchie! 30.5 and ER'd is very impressive to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom