Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
For the same reason you choose to repeatedly interrogate the OP over an insignificant point.
So you are saying we do something the same REWahoo. I'm not so sure about that.
Somehow I always suspected that the ROMEOs that get together for breakfast at McDonalds have similar discussions...

I admit it, this is one of those "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" things. All in all,

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

I figure the demanding guy is Foxfirev5's boss. And so congrats on leaving that behind.!

Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #43
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Somehow I always suspected that the ROMEOs that get together for breakfast at McDonalds have similar discussions...

I admit it, this is one of those "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" things. All in all,

I have no idea what the 'ROMEOs that breakfast at McDonalds' means W2R. Can you explain that term to me? Obviously, it means something to you.

I have no idea what the significance of the 5 minute video is either. Can you explain that to me?

As for Mars and Venus, which are you from? I am a human from planet Earth. Have I stumbled into an extraterrestrial forum by mistake? Are there any Lunar women members? Should I hopefully get out my ladder?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfirev5 View Post
1. Monday put in notice
2. Going on vacation this week
3. Returning to work in February
4. Last day of work May 6th
Absolutely no plans beyond that.
I'll sleep better now that this is cleared up . Try not to skip 3 and go straight to 4.

Congratulations!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations! My talk with the boss is in two weeks. Very excited, but nervous at the reaction I will get. I am 49, he is 60 - I don't think he is going to understand.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPro View Post
I have no idea what the 'ROMEOs that breakfast at McDonalds' means W2R. Can you explain that term to me? Obviously, it means something to you.

I have no idea what the significance of the 5 minute video is either. Can you explain that to me?

As for Mars and Venus, which are you from? I am a human from planet Earth. Have I stumbled into an extraterrestrial forum by mistake? Are there any Lunar women members? Should I hopefully get out my ladder?

ROMEO means Retired Old Men Eating Out. Some people add a B and make it Retired Old Men Eating Breakfast Out.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #47
gone traveling

Aah, thank you for that clarification Revlefty since W2R didn't deign to reply. I can now guess at what W2R was implying.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #48
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickernick View Post
Congratulations! My talk with the boss is in two weeks. Very excited, but nervous at the reaction I will get. I am 49, he is 60 - I don't think he is going to understand.

Good luck Kickernick. Please keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

To OP: just want to say congrats and welcome (well, in a few months...) to the world of being a well-deserved "bum."
Old 01-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickernick View Post
He doesn't need to understand any of it except that you are leaving.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #52
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcdougc View Post
He doesn't need to understand any of it except that you are leaving.
PERFECT!!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:48 PM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlefty View Post
ROMEO means Retired Old Men Eating Out. Some people add a B and make it Retired Old Men Eating Breakfast Out.
Congrats foxfirev5! You will soon qualify to join any ROMEO group anywhere you find MCD. Don't forget your senior's discount for your morning coffee @ $.85/cup and refills.

You've been with the company for 36 years and prob. started working there @ 18 yo so that puts your current age at around 54-55. Yeah, you qualify for senior's disc.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:22 AM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats! 🎉

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum