Join Early Retirement Today

Orlando retirement options
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Orlando retirement options

Many thanks to all on feedback about Florida retirement options. We are narrowing down our area to the Orlando area. Has anyone had good, indifferent or bad experiences with Del Webb in the La Cresta community. We really like it but have seen some less than positive views from some web sites about quality and ability to resolve issues with new homes in other areas.

Thanks in advance...........
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

From looking at Del Webb communities in CA last winter we learned: it seems that the company was acquired by a larger company at some point some years ago. Following the acquisition some people told us that they feel that the quality of materials and construction has declined. It was suggested to us that a real "Del Webb" home would be a better purchase. This meant that a more established Del Webb community was the better choice in these folks' minds.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

We visited the newish Del Webb here in Indiana and I was very disappointed. First, it is in the middle of nowhere. Second, the quality was cheap. Loose vinyl siding and many issues in even the model houses. Prices have dropped due to the overall market.

Housing is pushed together with no privacy for any spaces outside.

They had plans for 1000 homes and now it is sitting with a few streets half finished.

If I were you, I would be looking for a completed development where what you actually see is what you get. What you give up in total customization, you will get back in a lower price and finished facilities.
sweetana3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Florida Retirement
Old 01-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

Florida Retirement

My wife and I retired last year and bought a home north of Orlando about 50 miles. We are just below harris lake. We chose this site because of the price and the location to good fishing and to the resorts(disney,busch gardens, etc.). we are 1 hr. to either coast and live in a med. sm. town. If you are looking in florida check out the lake county area. If you need to know more please feel free to pm me, I will help all I can.
Loving it in Florida. Bob
rpow53 is offline   Reply With Quote