Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Part-time Employment
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
............would you want your child to be in newguy's class next year??
Hey zip

Chill , I am a veteran who is sick of the BS that my district dishes out. I was asking for a release from the 90 day requirement but NOOOO. By the way try teaching in Newark NJ.

The young teachers have no STAYING POWER!

We have them quit faster than ice cream melting in the summer heat!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No, but thanks for asking!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #43

Quote:
Actually, I would. He seems mature enough to be annoyed with his management and not take it out on his customers. Plus, he's a very experienced teacher who knows what he's doing and where he's going. And he wouldn't be their only teacher. Heck, they'll probably make him Teacher of the Year--just to keep him around longer!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromeria
Actually, I would. He seems mature enough to be annoyed with his management and not take it out on his customers. Plus, he's a very experienced teacher who knows what he's doing and where he's going. And he wouldn't be their only teacher. Heck, they'll probably make him Teacher of the Year--just to keep him around longer!
Astro

It is kinda funny BUT since I have moved my wife to her homestate, gotten out of the 240,000 mortgage and into one heck of a nice new house with a 50K mortgage Iam looking forward to heading back up to NJ and teaching this year.

My wife is now near her sister and parents and brothers and niece and nehfew back in NC. Me I am looking forward to spending time working up near NYC and heck enjoying some big bucks and travel.

The wife will make some trips with me and visit our grown kids in NYC and Boston. Things are well NICE.

I stay a year I get an additional 300 per month on the pension I stay 2 years it will be closer to 700 more a month. I might just get a share apartment up near work for a year.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

I would never refer to Mrs. Zipper as "the wife".

Astro, anyone in the profession who would want to manipulate sick days and hang on for extra benefit pension$'s does NOT have the student's welfare in mind. He IS looking after #1.

I would NOT want my grandkids in his class.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What are you doing Zip, auditioning for the part left vacant by Max's departure?

Keep it up, you are dong pretty well. With luck and perserverance, perhaps you can soon join him in Canadian Valhalla.

Ha
Old 07-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #47

Not really Ha!

I'm just not buying the NJ sob stories.

The guy needs to realize he's had a career and it's time to move on.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Not really Ha!

I'm just not buying the NJ sob stories.

The guy needs to realize he's had a career and it's time to move on.
Zipper i will agree with you however they would not let me out of an expired contract for 90 days from sept 1st.

What would you do?

the job that I was offered is now not mine they cannot keep it over 90 days.

Looking out for number 1 you bet.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #49

No to pile on, Zip, but...teachers are people too! They have personal, health, family, and financial issues--and their final year on the job--just like everybody else. I bet plenty of your and your children's and grandchildren's teachers were dealing with harder issues than newguy. My son the middle school teacher spent most of last year in horrendous union negotiations. And next year he'll be a part-time grad student. And for the first two months of his 2nd year, he commuted 10 miles by bicycle in all weathers. Your grandkids would be lucky to have such a knowledgeable, compassionate, and humorous science teacher .
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #50

My apologies newguy. My personal attack on you was totally unwarranted.

After reading my posts without the beergoggles I can clearly see I was out of line.