Join Early Retirement Today

Perfect answer?-Day 4
Old 05-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Perfect answer?-Day 4

Was asked again yesterday 'how is retirement?' .. that question is right up there with 'what do you do all day'..

I think I finally figured out the perfect answer for me to give to that question... I might have picked this up somewhere, but I don't think so. YMMV.

You remember when you were w*rking and took a week long vacation for a cruise, trip to Mexico, to the beach, to the mountains...wherever...

Day 1 was always travel day, very hectic, not much fun. Try to catch someone smiling in an airport.... it doesn't happen.
Day 2, get used to your surroundings day. Stock up on needs... try to settle in..survey the lay of the land...Still worrying a little about w*ork stuff. Have a cocktail or 4.
Day 3, have a Bloody Mary because this day is usually hectic with the agenda of things to do, places to see. Checking stuff off the list that you or your SO prepared for 'the vacation'. Get exhausted cause you'll sleep well tonight.
Day 4, the list is out the window, you've de-stressed because you finally realize that you can do whatever the hell you want. It's time to relax and ponder your options. It's been 100+ hours since your last w*ork brain cell fired off and you've deflated your w*ork tension more than Tom Brady deflated his balls. This is the best day of the year and you will damn well enjoy it like the heaven it is..tomorrow is day 5 and you will begin to feel your j*b tugging at you...sucking you slowly back to reality.

So, what's retirement like? It's freakin' Day 4, every day!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
So, what's retirement like? It's freakin' Day 4, every day!
+1 Nailed it!
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote