Picked my own pasture

So what are you doing for power needs? Are you still going to the library for the Internet?

Kitty, listen to Brat, there are alternatives to Septic Tanks that are more cost effective, look at Wind Power generation, don't waste your time with fruit trees, the spraying will drive you nuts, learn about composting and get a couple of good Barn Cats and one big Farm Dog.

Don't name your Farm Animals, it is easier to eat a Chicken when its' name isn't Henry.

Kitty - your blog is great! What a great way to share your experiences as they unfold.

We took a completely different path in retirement life (RV gypsies) - so it's fun to read your experiences.

Audrey

Yep

Composting toilets are worth a goggle search.

The science of the human turd is great fun and very interesting.

Back in fish camp days - the lagoon route - in the swamp with well water it was the obvious choice. I cheated by using chlorine tablets(swiming pool 3" dia) for disinfection - an unnecessary overkill.

Had a thick file on composting. How you decide to handle the pee part is the key to success.

heh heh heh - first cup of coffee.

Queen Martha said:
So what are you doing for power needs? Are you still going to the library for the Internet?

Got the phone in ran the puter of the car cig lighter with an inverter until the I got one room wired with elec. The rest I will do as time permits.

Maximillion said:
Kitty, listen to Brat, there are alternatives to Septic Tanks that are more cost effective, look at Wind Power generation, don't waste your time with fruit trees, the spraying will drive you nuts, learn about composting and get a couple of good Barn Cats and one big Farm Dog.

Don't name your Farm Animals, it is easier to eat a Chicken when its' name isn't Henry.

I am having septic put in mostly just to improve the property for the time I sell it years and years hence. I don't name farm animals.

audreyh1 said:
Kitty - your blog is great! What a great way to share your experiences as they unfold.

We took a completely different path in retirement life (RV gypsies) - so it's fun to read your experiences.

Audrey

I though about RV's full time decided not to been a lot of places and I don't care to drive much

Hi Kitty,

Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I enjoy it regularly.

I'm not clear why, since the geese can fly, why they choose to stick around your farm. That is, you've only fed them once or twice, and then the dog chases them; why haven't they flown miles away?

Kitty said:
I though about RV's full time decided not to been a lot of places and I don't care to drive much
LOL! Yes, the downside to fulltime RVing is you have to drive or tow something large. That took a bit of getting used to. In fact, I even had to upgrade my license to legally drive our 15 ton rig.

But we love to travel, and once we had the time we discovered that we would rather drive than any other form of travel by far.

Audrey

Audrey, if I cursed the truckers on I 75, not sure how you handle them:confused:

Maximillion said:
Audrey, if I cursed the truckers on I 75, not sure how you handle them:confused:
Actually I find most truckers to be very polite on the freeways.  I tend to travel around 62 mph (saves on gas), and I'm often passed by trucks - they behave just fine.

It's the small cars that occasionally do really stupid things! Some drivers have a death wish! If I get particularly annoyed, I have a big AIR HORN.  It's loud!!!  :D :D

Audrey

Step daughter in spare room is in screaming agreement with Audrey.

Ex 18 wheel trucker - coast to coast, north to south about 15 yrs worth.

heh heh heh

Right, so you never get one of those clowns come about 6 inches from your rear because you aren't going fast enough and they don't want to down shift?

Maximillion said:
Right, so you never get one of those clowns come about 6 inches from your rear because you aren't going fast enough and they don't want to down shift?
Nope - not really. Maybe it's because I'm too "BIG" to get pushed out of the way LOL!

I've had that happen to me in my car though!

Audrey

TromboneAl said:
Hi Kitty,

Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I enjoy it regularly.

I'm not clear why, since the geese can fly, why they choose to stick around your farm. That is, you've only fed them once or twice, and then the dog chases them; why haven't they flown miles away?

I went out side and asked frick and frack why they didn't fly off to somewhere far away. They weren't forthcoming at first mostly just honking and hissing with a little wing flapping. I figure they are still pissed about the whole affair and don't want to make any statements that will come back and bite them in the tail feathers sometime down the road.

I think they are on a hunger strike at the moment as I had given them some leafy vegetables and they eschewed them actually they stand on the leaves and hiss and honk with a little wing flap now and then. I think it is all just a bit of jailhouse bravado.

I guess geese do what geese want to do and they don't give a hoot (?) what we think :LOL:

Lora Bay looks good, Max, because it's "honest." Honesty is something you want in a bay.

I just came back from Lora Bay and the guy who is doing the building is a Scot who arrived in Canada with a tool belt and $50 about 30 years ago, now he has a huge construction company.

He is not very tall, straight in your face, not a slick sales type, just worked real hard, and delivered a quality product on time.

Back
Top Bottom