Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Very nice. I will freely admit to being jealous.

This rig is considered a Class A? Will you do the toad thing or forgo an auxiliary vehicle?

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #122
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Very nice. I will freely admit to being jealous.

This rig is considered a Class A? Will you do the toad thing or forgo an auxiliary vehicle?
It's a Class A . . . the exterior picture isn't that clear but its definitely an A.

We're bringing a toad. The idea is to set up little base camps and use the car to explore within a couple hundered mile radius.
Gone4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #123
Moderator Emeritus

It's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations.

If it didn't have wheels it would be a great little house. OK, I admit it -- I'm not an RV fan, but if I were then this is the one I would want!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #124
Gone but not forgotten

Very nice motor home ! Congratulations and Happy Traveling !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #125
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Beautiful rig ...YTG. Exact same model we are considering, and looks like the same basic options, but different color. Congratulations! Keep us posted on how she goes, not only on your maiden voyage, but thereafter as well.

Too bad we live in Japan and have no time to use it now, otherwise we would have bought it a few weeks or a month back.

R
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Too bad we live in Japan and have no time to use it now...
Ironically you have more experience at living in that square footage than most of the rest of the board.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #127

Wow, that is really nice. That would be a great way to see this country.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #128
Recycles dryer sheets

Awesome motorhome! I love it that you don't have the carpet in the main living area that mine has. We're also planning to take a few months at least this year and do a good tour of Canada and the US - maybe even Mexico.

Mine's only a 24' Winnebago Aspect so I sacrifice the separate bedroom, but I spend so much time outside that it doesn't seem to matter to me.

It looks like you don't have a regular oven, and I find the convection oven kind of complicated. There's a few RV cookbooks out there that I've found helpful. Are you thinking of adding some solar on to it as well, or just camping in regular sites vs. boondocking?

Don’t struggle so much, the best things happen when not expected. — Gabriel García Márquez
JacqJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #129
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by . . . Yrs to Go View Post
We narrowed it down to the same two coaches (Winnebago 33C and the Tiffin 32B). There were a couple of small technical things that favored the Winnie (more basement space and higher CCC if I recall). But ultimately it was the floor plan of the Winnie that really sold it. We like the full bathroom versus the split (Tiffin used to have a 32 LA model with a full bath but they don't build it any more). Most of all we like the TV placement on the side wall across from the couch instead of over the driver's head at a 90 angle from where you normally sit. It feels much more like a living room . . . and considering that's what it will be, we like it a lot.

Here are the promised pics . . .
Looks really nice.. you are right the floor plan is awesome and we really like the dining table not to be a booth and we like the kitchen layout so it looks like I will have to find one of these to take a peak at. We hope to buy before end of summer.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #130
Recycles dryer sheets

... Yrs to Go

Great looking Rig ! We bought ours about a year ago although I have not retired yet. Planning on doing something similar, Ideally we will purchase a house in a southern location in an RV resort and use that as our home base. I intend to travel for the first couple of years once I RE in about 1.5 years! If anyone knows of any nice RV resorts with house sites (either prebuilt or to be built upon) please let me know. There are not too many that I can find.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #131
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqJolie View Post
I love it that you don't have the carpet in the main living area that mine has.
Yeah, getting rid of the carpet in the living area was a cost free option and was well worth the price.

Quote:
It looks like you don't have a regular oven, and I find the convection oven kind of complicated.
We struggled with whether to get the oven or not. In the end we decided that most everything we make regularly can be done on the stove top or on the grill. And the usable space in the RV oven is so small it looked to be almost worthless. So we opted for the extra drawers and will make do as best we can.

Quote:
Are you thinking of adding some solar on to it as well, or just camping in regular sites vs. boondocking?
We're likely to spend the first year or two on the east coast so their won't be much opportunity for boondocking. As we move out west I hope to get a bit more off the beaten path. Solar is a nice addition but I won't need it for a while. That time will let me figure out whether its a worthwhile expense given the kind of camping we end up doing. As is the case with most of my life now, I'm just going to play that one by ear.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #132
Give me a forum ...

Beautiful RV......you deserve it!!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
... Yrs to Go

Great looking Rig ! We bought ours about a year ago although I have not retired yet. Planning on doing something similar, Ideally we will purchase a house in a southern location in an RV resort and use that as our home base. I intend to travel for the first couple of years once I RE in about 1.5 years! If anyone knows of any nice RV resorts with house sites (either prebuilt or to be built upon) please let me know. There are not too many that I can find.

xyz, you may want to check out this thread, if you haven't seen it. Interesting concept.

R
Old 03-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #134
Give me a forum ...

Just put my last suit in the "give away" bag.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #135
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Just put my last suit in the "give away" bag.
You might want to re-think that move. Retirement doesn't stop weddings or funerals...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #136
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
You might want to re-think that move. Retirement doesn't stop weddings or funerals...
I'm done with weddings. At this point everyone I know should have the good sense to either elope, stay married, or avoid making the same mistake twice a third time.

As far as the other, I'm keeping a sports jacket and slacks.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #137
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm done with weddings. At this point everyone I know should have the good sense to either elope, stay married, or avoid making the same mistake twice a third time.
I agree they "should" - but whaddya bet they don't?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #138
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I agree they "should" - but whaddya bet they don't?
Last time someone pulled that I got myself an emergency trip to Italy.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 AM   #139
Recycles dryer sheets

well I too will only keep one suit when we go full timing but it won't be for funerals and weddings... it will be for the occasional cruise we book to take a vacation from our vacation ...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #140
Full time employment: Posting here.

My full timing in-laws are keeping one set of formal clothes each in our attic. Since we are typically invited to the same weddings/funerals we don't mind to fly/drive with their clothes.
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote