Poll: Okay ER Community, Fess Up. What Time Do You Wake Up?

Wake Up Time

• Up with the chickens - before 7 AM.

Votes: 134 54.7%
  • Up for rush hour - before 9 AM.

Votes: 60 24.5%
  • Where's Brunch? - after 9 AM.

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • All of the above - anytime.

Votes: 24 9.8%

• Total voters
6:30 AM is up and the dog is fed at 7:00 am. Then we walk for a while. Then it's off to the ROMEO club meetup at 8:00 - 8:15. I'm one of the last ones there.:blush:

At night, last walk with the dog starts at 8:30 PM and lasts about 15 - 30 minutes.

Watch some sports then in bed by 10:30 - 11:00 PM.

While I can stay up for special events, my body naturally goes to sleep between 9 and 10 pm. A morning person my whole life, I'm up anywhere between 5 and 6:30 a.m.
(My biggest time-related retirement enjoyment is not having to travel on Sundays to be at a destination first-thing Monday morning. Hated that so. much.)

"Head to bed" around 11:00ish I read and cut the light out sometime before midnight. I'm usually up anytime between 6:30 to 7:00 a.m. I don't like to rush for my 9:00 work out class taking my time feeding and letting my dog out, drinking my two cups of coffee, checking the morning news, financials and off to work out class around 8:40 ish.

Utilizing a small afternoon nap of 20 minutes, I am usually asleep by 11pm and wake up at 7:30am to usually play Pickleball by 9am.
Used to wake up 5:30am for work.

Go to bed after Cobert's monologue 11:45-12:00 and up by 9 am usually.

The cat makes sure I getup at 8:00 am sharp. I do volunteer work once a week so I set the alarm for 7:30 on Mondays for that. Usually in bed between 11 and 12; used to stay up for Craig Ferguson’s show but he’s been gone for a while now.

Usually in bed between 11 and 12 and up between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. Usually get up 1 time per night. Sometimes can't go back to sleep.

Up at 8:30 virtually every day, to bed 11:30 to Midnight. That's after 30+ years of the same bedtime but up at 6:00 to 7:00. At my last checkup I told Doc I was getting 9 hours of sleep - he was envious!

Though I do find OP's descriptions a little off. Everywhere I've lived "up for rush hour" was 06:00 (urbia) to 07:30 (suburbia). If you get up anywhere near 09:00 you are leaving the house after rush hour. To me, up with the chickens is before 06:00. Then there is the zero-dark-thirty crap to catch a flight - been there, done that.

You know you got up too early when your SECOND flight of the day departs in the dark.

I usually wake up between 7-7:30 with or without the assistance of our little dog. We walk before coffee and breakfast, so I'll be happy next week when Daylight Savings is over and we don't start out in the dark.

I got up at 4:45a Mon-Fri when I was working. I retired 7+ years ago and I get up at 5am +/- an hour 7 days a week now - without an alarm. We’ve always gone to bed early, too early to admit here. :)

I wake up around 7:00am in the morning at the moment. I don't have any window covering on my bedroom windows, so I wake up naturally when it gets pretty bright outside. I go to bed around midnight usually.

Wake up early 7 to 8. Wife(farm raised) already has the coffee on by 630. Do a nap after lunch for an hour or so. Try to be in bed by midnight.

heh heh heh - :cool:

bedtime between 9-11 pm
awaken around 3-4 am, fall back asleep and actually up between 5-6:30, very occasionally sleep in until 8 or 9.

Three hours at the gym, four days a week, means we get there early (0500-0600), or else the day is too advanced when we are done.

I don't take 3 hours at the gym, but I swim 4 to 5 weekday mornings and like to get an early start so I have a full day ahead of me. Not that my wishes matter all that much, since I naturally wake up somewhere between 5 and 6:30 which easily meets my desires.

I am a deep sleeper but never required a lot of sleep. I don't go to bed until I feel sleepy, usually 10:30 to midnight.

Bed by 3:00 or 4:00 am, up by noon.

Now you're talkin!

Bed by 2 am, up no earlier than 10 am so that I get my 8 hrs. minimum sleep. I can easily get 9 even 10 hours of sleep at least a few days each week. I sleep to 11 am or even noon at least weekly.

I've always been a night owl. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I FIRE'd. I hated getting up with the alarm in the morning. I'm surprised how many morning people there are here, even in comfortable retirement.

Lately I've been turning off lights between 3:00 and 4:00 and getting up about 11:45. I've always been a nite owl but that is getting more extreme than I want to be. I am planning to use the time change this weekend to get back to going to bed at 2:00 and getting up at 10:30. (Note that it usually takes me 30 minutes to an hour to get to sleep).

I wake up about 4am every day for my morning walk. This is mostly habit, as I woke up at 330-400 to bicycle to work before I retired. While I do set my alarm, I usually wake up a few minutes before it goes off.

Up by 8:00 am since the cat won’t let me delay his breakfast any later. Before retiring, had to wake at 5:00 am. Such a pleasure to wake naturally instead of to the alarm clock.

In my work life I got up at 4am to be at work by 6am. Now I sleep in until 30 minutes before sunrise. That's when my dogs wake me up to feed them. I always tell myself I'm gonna go back to bed, but I set the coffee pot to fire up at 7am, so by the time time dogs have ate and done their business, I smell coffee. Might as well get the newspaper now while I drink the coffee. And so starts my day.

Up before 7 am with no need for an alarm clock. I don't like sleeping in.

Sundays I (usually) get up at 5 am to go for a light breakfast and an early run and I need the alarm for that.

Pffah... sheer luxury, the lot of ya.

We used to have to get up every morning at 6 o’clock and clean the newspaper, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

:LOL::cool:

Got bed 9 and up at 5:30. First two hours of the day are my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom