Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Daylate, depending upon your area, lots of recycle places have them as well as art crafts stores. You can also try the Annie Sloan site for the stockiest in your area and see if they do classes or just google a chalk paint or milk paint workshop. The Annie Sloan workshop are great because they teach you three finishes.

Yeah, my pinterest page is kinda full of this stuff too!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

We do lots of projects - DIY type things and always have a list going. We do not let it interfere with fun. We may have a plan to work on something, but if the day is nice we will kayak instead.

Some of the projects were remodeling the master bath, putting in a patio in the back, replacing trim, tiling, etc. We really enjoy the diy although I have to say the patio almost killed us. We bought a crate of huge natural stones in different sizes (some weighed more than 150) and sunk them into grass in the back. Better project for 25 year olds who lift weights.

When we first retired years ago we made a list of stuff we would like to do around the house and I go back to it if I am bored - especially in NE winter.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:14 AM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My first "project" was a part-time MFA which I have recently finished - graduation is in July.

I need a new project quick - before DW comes up with one for me .
Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats, Trainee. I'm thinking of an MFA myself, in creative writing.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:31 AM   #65
Full time employment: Posting here.

7 years in for me, list of projects and activities never stops growing, I used to keep an actual list but gave that up. We built (I did about 30% of the actual hands on work) a guest cabin two years ago and are just finishing up a house for family on our property. We also have nine alpacas so they give us some work to do as well.

I try to take on very few projects that have actual schedules or end dates but sometimes can't avoid some pressure to finish. I volunteer a bit in the local area for two main causes, get asked to join other groups fairly often but usually tell people that if it has an actual schedule like a meeting every two weeks or every first Monday, not interested. If help is needed for a specific task or day, they let me know and I try to help but really don't like having anything on my calendar anymore. We don't travel, the animals make a great excuse but I really wouldn't travel anyway- did too much of that during the working career.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:39 AM   #66
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinCella View Post
Congrats, Trainee. I'm thinking of an MFA myself, in creative writing.
Thanks. Mine was in creative writing - I might not have much talent in that direction, but it was a blast.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #67
Full time employment: Posting here.

I do have a current project that I've made progress on and have motivation to complete - and that is converting as much of our spray sprinklers to drip lines.

I've got the back fence line done and dialed in finally (could not figure out why two of the heads were not dripping the same as the others - turns out that there are different gallons per hour ratings for the adapters available...duh...read the label).

I have parts on order to convert two of the flower beds with drip line which use easy drop in conversion kits (Rainbird brand).

But I have some Hunter sprinkler heads that don't have conversion kits, so I'll have to dig up the heads, put in new risers and drip line heads.

Should cut down ALOT on waste and save a bunch of water.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #68
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Current projects:
Lose another 100 pounds (down 23 so far).
Get rid of about 40 years accumulation of stuff.
Remodel kitchen.
Replace disintegrating driveway with permeable pavers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activities, project