Put the house on the market!

Good luck to. We are working a similar plan. We hope to list our sell our home within the next year, sell or get rid of much of the furniture. put some in storage, and rent in the south of Spain or Portugal for 6 months. After that we will come back and buy or rent something that we can easily walk away from for up to 3 or 4 months at a time. We like to travel.

It's St joesephs and rapture days that keep my religious feelings strong. whack0loon strong.
Best thing I can do to sell a house is to move out of it. Even without a cat anymore, my living in a place does nothing to raise sales appeal.

Lemming,

We are right there with you! The last house we sold, I stayed there the last night until 3AM cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. The guy who bought it flipped it - totally tore out almost all the floors- there was no need for me to clean to that degree. It is a beautiful house (on the cover of a book about our town), but the photo was taken AFTER he flipped it.

as a side note: My mom has two kittens and she so wants us to take one. I love cats, but not taking another one until after we list/sell this house. Cats just have a way of letting their presence be known.....

Day we moved out, I paid a maid service to come in and do a one-time deep cleaning (super-thorough). I suppose I could have just done some basic cleaning but I figured it was a token for the buyer to come in and not have to worry. All in all, best $200 I've ever spent.

Our house is not selling - the market in SoCal is horrible. I'm going out to bury St. Joseph tomorrow to see if that helps! I'm glad that your experience was fast!

We're in northern VA and received a reasonable offer on our property yesterday without any big contingencies- we've countered and hoping to have a deal done today! Normal contingencies, financing, appraisal, and home inspection which are big enough these days to worry about but buyer brings a good down payment so hopefully the bank portion will go okay.

Our house is not selling - the market in SoCal is horrible. I'm going out to bury St. Joseph tomorrow to see if that helps! I'm glad that your experience was fast!

We also found that a nice big price reduction and accepting an offer below our reduced asking price enhanced St. Joseph's powers. :LOL: We had a beautiful home in perfect condition that was perfectly staged but ultimately it was all about the right price.

Update, our contract is signed, buyer accepted our counter and starting the process, home inspection later this week. We also have to have our septic tank emptied and inspected so will have to spend some time trying to remember where exactly they will need to dig to get to the cleanout.

We listed the house and before it even hit the MLS we had a showing. Then, a couple days later we buried the St Joseph's statue under the "For Sale" sign, upside down, facing the house. The next morning the same people who looked at it the first day came back for another look and then made a cash offer! We negotiated a bit and signed the contract for a price that I never really expected to get.?

Wow--that was fast! Congratulations!

Update, our contract is signed, buyer accepted our counter and starting the process, home inspection later this week. We also have to have our septic tank emptied and inspected so will have to spend some time trying to remember where exactly they will need to dig to get to the cleanout.

Sweet! (about the signed contract, not so much the septic tank activity :LOL:).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom