Put the house on the market!

wishing4it

Dryer sheet aficionado
We just listed our home for sale today. I'm excited and ready to move on. Anyway, I don't remember who started the post last month about selling their home but there were a bunch of great ideas throughout the thread and I want to thank you all for that. We used most of them!
The listing won't show in the MLS until tomorrow or the next day but the sign is up and I've already seen a couple of cars slow down to look.

As soon as we have a solid offer, we plan to have an auction and sell every bit of our stuff, cars, furniture, everything. Then, I'm giving notice at work and we will be on our way... planning to travel full-time for 2 years before we settle down again. This has been a big step for us. Wish us luck?

:)

Good luck and as they say in Lost in America--stay away from Las Vegas!

Good luck! I hope your home sells quickly, and at a reasonable price. :)

Good luck on a quick sale. Sounds like you will have an exciting time traveling.

Good luck! And remember, once you hit the road, try and go with the flow!

Best wishes for a happy retirement and great traveling. Being the type person I am (and DW), it would never cross our minds to sell everything and just start traveling. I really envy your bravery. Wish I had the guts to try somethig like that.

Good luck with your plan. We did the same over a year ago...our house didn't sell but we left anyway. Its still for sale, we're still on the road.Life is short.

Congratulations and good luck. It sounds like you will be having a great 2 years.

Best of luck! Here's to a quick sale!

We plan on putting our house on the market in about a year. DH is retiring in June and it is HIS job to get the house ready to sell! :dance:

We may need some sort of deep cleaning agency; neither one of us is too good at that sort of thing.

Keep us posted! - on the sale and the traveling.

Good Luck to you!

Exciting times ahead. We are going forward with our plans despite housing market here. Got to keep the wheels turning! :)

Yeah, but not until after it sells I thought? :confused:

Yes, St. Joseph goes in upside down and as far as I know his presence is supposed to bring good luck in selling your home. Not sure what the point would be of burying him after a sale although there appeared to be lots of discussion about whether you leave him or dig him up and take him with you to your new home. We left him!

Yes, St. Joseph goes in upside down and as far as I know his presence is supposed to bring good luck in selling your home. Not sure what the point would be of burying him after a sale although there appeared to be lots of discussion about whether you leave him or dig him up and take him with you to your new home. We left him!

Ahh, it's coming back to me now. We buried him upside down and then I dug him up after we sold/moved. I then chucked him at the sellers of the house we later bought. That helped bring the price down... significantly.

Update! on house sale

We listed the house and before it even hit the MLS we had a showing. Then, a couple days later we buried the St Joseph's statue under the "For Sale" sign, upside down, facing the house. The next morning the same people who looked at it the first day came back for another look and then made a cash offer! We negotiated a bit and signed the contract for a price that I never really expected to get. Does the St. Joesph's statue have anything to do with it? Maybe or maybe not. We did alot to make sure our house stood out, but this market is terrible and houses in our area are going for a song. Thank you all for wishing us luck too... maybe that had something to do with it too! I just pray now that nothing stands in the way of closing. Sfter that, I'll give my notice at work and we will be off on our next adventure. Traveling the US and Canada in our RV. Only a month away!! Can you tell I'm excited now?:dance:

Congratulations!
I keep telling myself I'm reality-based but if we ever try to sell our place, I know I'm going to go looking for a St. Joseph's statue, darn it.

That's wonderful! I don't think St. Joe had anything to do with it. Probably the attention you gave your house made it stand out from the competition. And you only need one buyer!

Back
Top Bottom