Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstress View Post
I guess there are so many more grasses/plants/weeds that grow in the moist, humid environment there and release pollen/spores than can be found here in Wisconsin.
That's true. Linn County (between Portland and Eugene) is the grass seed capital of the world. I'm told that bad allergies are made even worse in the Willamette valley. I'm fortunate in that I don't suffer allergies. My wife has terrible allergies, but she still thinks the weather here beats anywhere else she's been (except Hawaii . . .)

Niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Residents of the former Oregon Territory... hush your mouth!!! The sun NEVER shines, we all suffer from depression from grey skys.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

I lived in Corvallis, OR, (south of Portland) for three years, and I enjoyed my time there more than any other place I have called home (and I have lived in several states in every geographic region of the country). I plan to relocate to either western OR or WA within the next year. There are a lot of overcast days in the winter but the weather is very mild compared to most of the US. Everyone has their own perception of the ideal climate but the PNW is the best I have found. I'm wondering if folks are taking the REWahoo approach and trying to discourage relocation!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

it's possible... Here in Independence you plant tomatoes on Mother's day if you want them to do well. Weeds start earlier. Oregon resident for the last 55 years, and thinking that a place in the sun would work well from 10-15 to 4-15. I like the color green.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Humm, must of my progenitors arrived in the U-Haul of it's day in 1845, the other a Norwegian who kept going after arriving in MN. With rare exception they would liked to have closed off migration after THEIR arrival.