Join Early Retirement Today
Re: Recurring dreams after ER ?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Dog
Anyway, you may want to tune into the History channel this afternoon for this special - I'm planning to watch it.
Thanks, Dog, I have the book on my shelf but I haven't seen the video yet. Apparently my Oahu cable subscription doesn't show the full History Channel lineup either-- it's not listed. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Those two are apparently good at interviews. They managed to get several dozen submariners to talk for an article in a Chicago newspaper that they later expanded to the book. When I was assigned to SUBPAC staff, we had to sign specific agreements to not only not speak to them, but to alert NCIS as soon as we were contacted by them. Some staff members were even subject to polygraph questions on the subject.

Apparently they were very good at putting submariners at ease, getting us talking, priming the pump with safe familiar sea stories, popping a surprise question, and interpreting the answer from the looks on our faces... J.D. Von Suskil ("Darth Vader") was our Chief of Staff at the time, and he had no humor for or appreciation of the way they got his "contribution" to the book.

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm still working but also have had the "forgot to go to class and now it's finals time and I don't even know where the classroom is." dream,

If you put any stock in dream interpretation (a good parlor game at least) FWIW:

dreams of classrooms indicate you are ready to learn something;

dreams of a j*b indicate you are either frustrated or satisfied and are working on fullfillment;

dreams of being lost or missing something indicate that you are lacking confidence somewhere in your life.

Happy interpreting!

I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote