Renting in North East Florida

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well:

We have been here for over a month now, renting a condo in St. Augustine. We rented a place short term to see if we liked it and are quite happy. However, This rental runs out in a couple of months. We are starting to look around for other options. We do not want to buy yet. I thought I would ask here, location is really not that important as long as it is somewhere in Northeast Florida, Jacksonville surrounding areas, (Not the City of course) St. Augustine, Palm Coast Etc. down to Daytona.

I was wondering if any of you know someone who has a rental unit available. Preferably 1 or 2 beds, furnished. We are not your average renters, and keep a rental home as we kept our own before we sold it. We will also look after pets if needed and do jobs around the home. So no horror stories here. And the best part we pay cash, usually in advance.

Currently I am scanning the papers and online rental sites.

SWR

SWR,

Damn, my property manager just leased out our vacation home (soon to be retirement home, I hope) in Fernandina Beach for 6 months.  If you're still looking for a place in January, shoot me a PM. In the meantime, enjoy the nice Florida weather!  8)

Attachments

• View from Deck in Fernandina Beach 2.JPG
    View from Deck in Fernandina Beach 2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 68
I was curious what the rent would be. You certainly are close to the beach there. Irecently put an ad on the CraigList fro a furnished rental and got quite a few replies. There is also a lot in the local paper to follow up on. I thought I would offer a "friend" or a friend of a friend, the busines first. I consider the people on this board friends as we talk so much. We are not really beach people, and do not appreciate the beach premium, we prefer the peace and quiet of the backwoods, but today we looked at a 1 bedroom in St Augustine beach. We currently have an all inclusive deal overlooking the St. Sebastian river, for another month or 2, which is pretty quiet here in St Augustine. We decide not to buy yet as it cost far less to rent. The money we would pay for a home currently generates 5.22% hard money before tax. Our tax bracket is so low not it is criminal, and if by chance I do need to pay a bit, my evereen tax credits cover it, at least for the next 3 years.

Thanks anyway.

SWR

ShokWaveRider said:
I was curious what the rent would be.

It's $1700/month right now.  I can get it down to $1500 if I dump the manager and you're willing to mow the lawn.

You certainly are close to the beach there.

Yes, 150' to the Atlantic.  8)

Patrick said:
It's $1700/month right now. I can get it down to $1500 if I dump the manager and you're willing to mow the lawn.

Sorry, that is too steep a premium for a feature we do not appreciate. I do not mean "not appreciate" in a bad way. We lived by the coast in CA for years, and it was something we did not enjoy to the full. Too much hustle and bustle for us. Currently we are Paying $800pm for a 3 bed 2.5 bath, furnished and inclusive, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom stay closed with the AC off to save the owner money. I look after her car, water plants, sort mail etc. and fix things when they break. We back onto the water of the tidal Sebastian river, no boats no traffic other than the odd fisherman. In the last month we sat out there twice to eat. Sad isn't it.

Thanks for the offer though.

Today we saw a place for $800 + utils for a large 1 bedroom at St Augustine with an ocean peak and we thought that was too close to the beach. The place was more to our size requirements though. We would prefer to look over a preserve, a canal or a golf course. We do like the wildlife, I like to photograph them.

SWR

Back
Top Bottom