Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Texarkandy, welcome back through the revolving door, “there’s no place like home.”

Guys can change their minds, twice! Hum, that would made a good thread topic.

Be sure to add your name to this poll for 2009 retirees:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ees-46000.html

On your first day of freedom, I got myself busted at the theater for this shot of the curtain before the curtain. Loved this title line, “Some are born wicked and some have it thrust upon them.” And this retiree-relevant one, “Let me teach you about the unexamined life.”

What’s on your E-R agenda, TK? Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6095.jpg (462.0 KB, 12 views)
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congrats to you! Now you don't have to suffer the commute to work, have quick lunches, have to go to work even though you are not 100% feeling well ......I am 49 and intend to retire when I am 50. The discouraging thing is that when I told my mum that, she said 50 is too young to retire (she's always been a housewife!). She thinks I should work longer.I was amazed because none of my other sisters worked past 47. One even retired at 38. Of course, she is not happy that they are retired Well, I don't need her approval to retire, so hope I join the retired group when I am 50.
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscyn View Post
...I am 49 and intend to retire when I am 50. The discouraging thing is that when I told my mum that, she said 50 is too young to retire (she's always been a housewife!)...
You are so evolved, I got serious about w*rk at about age 48, that was a very energetic time in my life and would have been a perfect time to be free. But it seems to me that the concept of w*rk never goes away, we still have to do housew*rk, our bookkeeping, planning, etc.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!
Ronstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congrats and welcome to the club.

If I see you on the street, I'll be able to recognize you. ... you'll be the one with the big smile on your face, I'll be the sh*t eating grin looking back at you
Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yay!!! Congratulations on your freedom
citrine is offline   Reply With Quote