Retired Today!

Texarkandy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Although I had planned on staying till the end of the year, push came to shove lately & I finally retired effective today from my fed LE :police: job of 25 years 5 months (+4 yrs bought-back military time for a total of 29/5)

I'll be 49 next month.

:clap:

Welcome aboard the good ship ER. I retired March 08 and haven't looked back. I am thinking that if I survived the 2008 financial debacle then I will probably never have to go back to work.

Congratulations, retired at 48 sounds better than retired at 49 anyway. Enjoy!

congrats on the ER ... and welcome aboard (and by the way as I still wo## a full time job)...

"Now retired 09/09 not quite yet 49!"

Beautiful poetry. Welcome aboard.

So... what are you going to do all day?:)

Wonderful! I am 49 as well with 27 years as a public school teacher, but am waiting to 55 and my son being done with college :(

Wow - 48 no less - Congrats!

Now you'll have to put up with that "But, but, you're to young to be retired!" cr@p for the next five years or so. :D

Audrey

Great move. Time to play!

[-]boy, I'm jealous![/-] Congratulations! :flowers:

We hope to hear all kinds of interesting adjustment stories. Or will it just be z-z-z-z-z-z-z as you sleep late for a while?

:clap::clap::clap:

ta,
mew

Texarkandy, welcome back through the revolving door, “there’s no place like home.” :greetings10:

Guys can change their minds, twice! ;) Hum, that would made a good thread topic. :rolleyes:

Be sure to add your name to this poll for 2009 retirees:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/2009-retirees-46000.html

On your first day of freedom, I got myself busted at the theater for this shot of the curtain before the curtain. Loved this title line, “Some are born wicked and some have it thrust upon them.” And this retiree-relevant one, “Let me teach you about the unexamined life.”

What’s on your E-R agenda, TK? Enjoy. :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Congrats to you! Now you don't have to suffer the commute to work, have quick lunches, have to go to work even though you are not 100% feeling well ......I am 49 and intend to retire when I am 50. The discouraging thing is that when I told my mum that, she said 50 is too young to retire (she's always been a housewife!). She thinks I should work longer.I was amazed because none of my other sisters worked past 47. One even retired at 38. Of course, she is not happy that they are retired Well, I don't need her approval to retire, so hope I join the retired group when I am 50.

...I am 49 and intend to retire when I am 50. The discouraging thing is that when I told my mum that, she said 50 is too young to retire (she's always been a housewife!)...

You are so evolved, I got serious about w*rk at about age 48, that was a very energetic time in my life and would have been a perfect time to be free. But it seems to me that the concept of w*rk never goes away, we still have to do housew*rk, our bookkeeping, planning, etc.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

If I see you on the street, I'll be able to recognize you. ... you'll be the one with the big smile on your face, I'll be the sh*t eating grin looking back at you :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom