Retirement Sucks! (Wink!)

SteveR

Moderator Emeritus
I am sitting in my lawn chair at a very nice RV park in central Utah. We got here about 3 pm and after setting up we went for a swim in the pool and then came back to the campsite for some adult beverages and some together time.

There are lots of birds flitting about and singing their songs as dusk approaches. There is a nice cool breeze and it is a partially cloudy; just enough to keep the heat around 80 degrees. I am looking at the mountains a few miles away while the sun slowly sets; casting a redish tink to all that is in view.

Live is good!

Retire early and enjoy what nature provides....while there is still time.

I guess this is one of the best Monday's you've had in a while. Enjoy Steve!

It is a wonderful feeling.
Enjoy.
Cedar City has a Shakesphere festiaville in Sept or Oct.

We are in Fillmore on our way to Virgin, UT to tour Zion National Park and relax as we see fit. DW and I will soak up some rays, eat some cheese, drink some wine and kink back and chill out.

Life is good; Retire Early.

I am sitting in my lawn chair...............

There are lots of birds flitting about and singing their songs as dusk approaches. There is a nice cool breeze and it is a partially cloudy.................

Live is good!

Retire early and enjoy what nature provides....while there is still time.

Oh, yeah!!! I can relate! Though I don't have the mountains anywhere near! I just came in about an hour ago from sitting in my lawn chair amongst my gardens, enjoying the birds singing and flitting around!

Life IS Good! And nature provides one of the best shows in the world....and it's FREE!!! :D:D

It's quiet here. I can hear the cardinals eating sunflower seeds, and the squirrels eating peanuts.

Good for you Steve. Zion is beautiful. Make sure that you get to the West Unit too. And you must see Bryce since you have plenty of time.

Last edited:
Good for you Steve. Zion is beautiful. Make sure that you get to the West Unit too. And you must see Bryce since you have plenty of time.

Ditto!. Great places to visit.

Our daughter worked for two summers at the Utah Shakespearian Festival in Cedar City and we attended a number of the evening performances after spending the day at Zion or Bryce. The productions are first rate. Some of the plays are performed outdoors in a replica of the original Globe Theater. On a warm summer evening it is a very pleasant experience. If you have any interest in theater, give it a try.

Grumpy

We are in Fillmore on our way to Virgin, UT to tour Zion National Park and relax as we see fit. DW and I will soak up some rays, eat some cheese, drink some wine and kink back and chill out.

Life is good; Retire Early.

Steve,
Last year I stayed at the RV park just outside of Zion on the southside. They also have RV spaces inside the park (but no showers if I remember correctly).

There are some good hikes there - check out Angles' Landing if you want a fright.

Not to hijack the thread, but Cedar Breaks National Monument near Zion has the most fantastic fields of wildflowers that I have ever seen.

Steve,
Last year I stayed at the RV park just outside of Zion on the southside. They also have RV spaces inside the park (but no showers if I remember correctly).

There are some good hikes there - check out Angles' Landing if you want a fright.

Thanks for the comments and advice. We are now in the Zion River RV park which is 13 miles from the park entrance. We will be seeing it on this trip. DW is not feeling well so we are taking it very slow.

We are in the middle of a wild wind storm. I had 30+mph cross winds on the 100+ mile trip here today. Not Fun!

Love your new avatar Steve. That says it all.

We have been to the San Diego Zoo, outdoor lunch at Dicks in the Gas Lamp Sector, Temecula Valley for Cowboy Days, enjoying the birds in the garden. We have never seen such tame hummingbirds. The bunnies are not too tame.

La Jolla, Del Mar and Carlsbad for the beaches, shopping and dining. Petco Stadium for the Padres. Returning to Vancouver tomorrow after 3 weeks.

Didn't that used to be [-]Jack Murphy[/-] Qualcomm Stadium?!?

Maybe the stadium manager is accepting monthly leases now...
Te he. :) He should remain flexible. You never know where wheat gluten will turn up next! Of course being from out of town, I think maybe it is named for the pussies or dogs that play there.

Back
Top Bottom