Sample Dental Checkup Cost in Thailand

ItDontMeanAThing

Full time employment: Posting here.
Cleaning and checkup was 500 bt (~$17). Polishing 100 bt (~$3.40) and a single xray was also 100 bt. Dentist received her degree from a top notch school, equipment and officer were modern, all staff spoke good english. Customer base is expats and Thais who can afford not to use any of the public health programs. The doc was unhurried and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. I had sensitivity to ice water before my last visit to a different dentist. He brusquely told me there are special toothpastes for that and moved on. This new dentist established that the pain was external, thus minor, and was not hiding a more serious problem.

This was in Hua Hin, one of the most expensive places to live in Thailand. I have health insurance but chose not to add dental coverage.

img_1106291_0_39a8d9f8f1519ade88bbeff93cc7dc6f.jpg

how much is this cost is u.s. Dollars?

cleaning and checkup was 500 bt (~$17). Polishing 100 bt (~$3.40) and a single xray was also 100 bt.

Two answers, 1) $17+$3.40+$3.40=$23.80, and/or 2) The '$' is used by many nations to denote dollars or pesos. This is a US based board so by convention I saw no need to indicate USD or US$.

Two answers, 1) $17+$3.40+$3.40=$23.80, and/or 2) The '$' is used by many nations to denote dollars or pesos. This is a US based board so by convention I saw no need to indicate USD or US$.

Wow I see Dental care in Thailand has skyrocketed or maybe just the Bhat has appreciated a lot.:)

When I was there about 6 years ago, I had toothache on the plane ride over. I was desperate to see a dentist since we were leaving in a few days to go to Cambodia where I assumed dental care would be hard to find.

I pretty easily found a dental clinic near some of the main tourist areas in Bangkok. The clinic was well equipped (I think). The dentist spoke perfect English she quickly diagnosed the problem as the gum infection, I mention that my dentist had advise me to pull the tooth that was causing the infection and she told me to listen to the dentist.:facepalm: l The whole visit including the antibiotic cost my $12, but it didn't involve an X-Ray.

I certainly was impressed.

Back
Top Bottom