Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Shook Hands with John Edwards This noon...............
Old 08-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
Also, do you really think it took W to make Muslims hate the US?* I suppose the embassy bombings, 1996 WTC bombings, Beirut kidnappings, and Marine Barrack bombings were just love taps from our devout little friends?*
There have always been people who hate us (of various faiths, I might add). *But it takes a specal "talent" to get all of the various warring factions that normally expend most of that negative energy squabbling with each other to turn as if one and concentrate on us.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
But it takes a specal "talent" to get all of the various warring factions that normally expend most of that negative energy squabbling with each other to turn as if one and concentrate on us.
So, we really are bringing about world unity?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
There have always been people who hate us (of various faiths, I might add). But it takes a specal "talent" to get all of the various warring factions that normally expend most of that negative energy squabbling with each other to turn as if one and concentrate on us.
OK, so the first major act of Islamic terror directly effecting only Americans would be what?

The US embassy takeover? Does this mean I get to blame Islamic terror on Jimmy Carter?

BTW: Brewer, I wouldn't buy into this self loathing PC crap that just calls them terrorists. Refer to them for what they are which is Muslim terrorists. Most of the media is too chicken to admist that Islam is responsible for these peoples actions and should be called on it. The supposed "Religion of peace" has done little to stop it's members from cutting people's heads off and blowing up trains, buses, and planes.

You can rest assured that if a Jew, Christian, or Buddhist were to kills innocents in the name of their faith that the outcry from their own people would be swift. All we hear from the Muslim community is excuses and rationalization

Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
So, we really are bringing about world unity?
ROTFLMAO!!!!

It seems so.* Is this a great country or what?
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #45

Quote:
BTW: Brewer, I wouldn't buy into this self loathing PC crap that just calls them terrorists. Refer to them for what they are which is Muslim terrorists.
Remember Timothy McVeigh? He was one of you right wing-nuts.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You can rest assured that if a Jew, Christian, or Buddhist were to kills innocents in the name of their faith that the outcry from their own people would be swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
You're gonna have to be more specific than that-- was he Jewish, Christian, or Buddhist?

And, hey, what's up with putting Buddhists in this category? If they took a life wouldn't their membership status be in jeopardy?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #47

Quote:
BTW: Brewer, I wouldn't buy into this self loathing PC crap that just calls them terrorists. Refer to them for what they are which is Muslim terrorists. Most of the media is too chicken to admist that Islam is responsible for these peoples actions and should be called on it. The supposed "Religion of peace" has done little to stop it's members from cutting people's heads off and blowing up trains, buses, and planes.
The IRA terrorists were Catholic.

The King David terrorists were Jewish.

The 9/11 terrorists were Muslim.

The 1993 terrorists in India were Hindi.

Those terrorists had wide support for their actions among their own faith.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
BTW: Brewer, I wouldn't buy into this self loathing PC crap that just calls them terrorists.* Refer to them for what they are which is Muslim terrorists.* Most of the media is too chicken to admist that Islam is responsible for these peoples actions and should be called on it.* The supposed "Religion of peace" has done little to stop it's members from cutting people's heads off and blowing up trains, buses, and planes.*

You can rest assured that if a Jew, Christian, or Buddhist were to kills innocents in the name of their faith that the outcry from their own people would be swift.* All we hear from the Muslim community is excuses and rationalization
I'm gonna have to call "shenanigans" on this one. I think it is safe to say that I can point to dozens of abominable acts done in the name of almost any religion you care to name. I'd be REAL careful about painting all people of a particular faith with the "terrorist" brush.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Not quite me, but thank you for the name calling. Glad that SOB is where he belongs.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by eridanus

If I were to pick a Catholic off the street in NYC or Chicago and ask them " Do you think it was a good idea for the IRA to kill innocent civilians?' I would guess that probably 19 out of 20 would say no. (Just a guess)

You must not know a lot of Jews if you think that most people supported the King David hotel bombing.

Now, let's say you stopped a person on the street of Riyahd and ask them if it's ok to blow up a bus in Tel Aviv full of women and children

Care to guess what their response would be?

Old 08-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by eridanus

But only one of these groups attacked the USA and are indiscriminantly killing civilians all over the world for no reason.

So right now my beef is with them since they are trying to kill me and my family.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by retire@40
But only one of these groups attacked the USA and are indiscriminantly killing civilians all over the world for no reason.

So right now my beef is with them since they are trying to kill me and my family.
This is the problem with this kind of Logic - The other side says exactly the same thing!

Let's have peace on earth as soon as we blow the enemy to smithereans!

Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #53
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Now, let's say you stopped a person on the street of Riyahd and ask them if it's ok to blow up a bus in Tel Aviv full of women and children

Care to guess what their response would be?
Abhorrence. Your point?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #54

the 'religion of peace' seems to be leading the body count of late.....
the moniker of Islam should be changed to 'The religion of piece' since its adherants would like to see all non believers (infidels!) in at least two 'pieces'...
Old 08-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpp
Abhorrence. Your point?
In your dreams! The Arab world rejoices at the deaths of Americans and Israelis. See if you can recall who was celebrating and handing out candy on 9/11?

(Just in case you forgot http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=4030

Not to mention, just like Retire@40 indicated, these people would love nothing more than to see you and your family dead. Just keep that in mind.

Every time you start to forget who these people are what they want to do I suggest you watch the video of the planes going into the towers or perhaps sit back and watch the video of Nick Berg's passing

Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Let's have peace on earth as soon as we blow the enemy to smithereans!
OK.
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #57
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
In your dreams!* The Arab world rejoices at the deaths of Americans and Israelis.* See if you can recall who was celebrating and handing out candy on 9/11?

(Just in case you forgot http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=4030

Not to mention, just like Retire@40 indicated, these people would love nothing more than to see you and your family dead.* Just keep that in mind.*

Every time you start to forget who these people are what they want to do I suggest you watch the video of the planes going into the towers or perhaps sit back and watch the video of Nick Berg's passing

Arabs and Muslims are two overlapping groups. Some Arabs are not Muslims, and some Muslims are not Arabs. Do you personally know anyone from Lebanon? I do. Some of the best people I've ever met, and 100% pro American (not that that's automatically an indicator of goodness). Several of them have become US citizens. They're doctors, engineers, and scientists. They have family in Lebanon right now, and are very frightened by what's going on.

A broad-brush of an entire segment of humanity as sub human -- which is what you're trying to do -- is about as ignorant as it gets. What do you want? Revive the Crusades? Nuke em? Have a nice day, buddy.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2006
Arabs and Muslims are two overlapping groups. Some Arabs are not Muslims, and some Muslims are not Arabs. Do you personally know anyone from Lebanon? I do. Some of the best people I've ever met, and 100% pro American (not that that's automatically an indicator of goodness). Several of them have become US citizens. They're doctors, engineers, and scientists. They have family in Lebanon right now, and are very frightened by what's going on.

A broad-brush of an entire segment of humanity as sub human -- which is what you're trying to do -- is about as ignorant as it gets. What do you want? Revive the Crusades? Nuke em? Have a nice day, buddy.
Actually, I think you're getting confused. Most of the pro-American Lebanese are not Arab, they are Maronite or Assyrian, and yes I do know some of them. You want to talk about reviving the crusades! Go read what they think of their countrymen. Do a search on Shatila and Sabra and get back to me when you're done.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #59
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Actually, I think you're getting confused.* Most of the pro-American Lebanese are not Arab, they are Maronite or Assyrian, and yes I do know some of them.* You want to talk about reviving the crusades!* Go read what they think of their countrymen.* Do a search on Shatila and Sabra and get back to me when you're done.

You know what? I was going to answer you. But quite frankly it's not worth the trouble. Go play with your guns (and don't hurt yourself!).
Old 08-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #60

Quote:
Those are different people than the average person on the street of Riyadh. You're changing the subject.