Shook Hands with John Edwards This noon...............

Gotta love the political posts.
So you think if Forbes or Perot was to run in the next or last election they might of had a better showing ?

Texas Proud said:
Dang... I thought you were talking about that guy who sees dead people... I was saying 'who cares'... but, I was wrong..

me too!

Phew, six pages of posts, anyone think politics are polarized right now? :LOL:

In general I am disturbed that not only is bipartisanship and compromise rare in Washington, those few who do still engage in it are specifically targeted. Remember the gang of 14 in the Senate which prevented the nuclear option being executed on the fillibuster, which I believe stands in the way of tyranny of the majority? They are now being targeted in their home states by their parties for cavorting with the enemy. :p.

All hail the gang of 14, they may be the last example of elected people putting their country ahead of personal ambition and partisan politics.

TO CT

I have been on vacatiion for the past few days and just read your email. Can you tell me just one thing that John Edwards has done for the State of NC? (WHEN HE WAS SENATOR) I vote for the person, not the party. Why do you think Edwards would make a good President) Talk to anyone from here and I assure you that they will agree that he has NOT served the people of NC. I am not talking about diehards who will only vote for their Party. He has NO experience! Can you provide a resume on Mr. Edwards as to his
qualifications for the postion of President of the US??

Regards,
Carolyn

Re: TO CT

Carolyn said:
I have been on vacatiion for the past few days and just read your email. Can you tell me just one thing that John Edwards has done for the State of NC?
Regards,
Carolyn

I never sent you an e-mail.

Senators rarely do anything for any state! - That is called bringing home the Pork. They mainly just vote on Legislation.

John Edwards inspires. He went from an Unknown to the V.P. nominee in 2004. That is inspiration and leadership. I happen to agree with his politics, you probably don't.

If you like Jesse Helms and the current idiot in the White House, we are so far apart politically that anything I say you would not be able to understand anyway.

Regards

Carolyn said:
. . . Can you provide a resume on Mr. Edwards as to his
A whole bunch a smart guys worked up a document that detailed the required qualifications to be President.  You might of heard of that document -- they call it the Constitution.  Anyway, these guys decided that 1) you needed to be at least 35 years old, 2) a natural born citizen of the US, and 3) have lived in the US for at least 14 years.

It doesn't say anything about being a career politician, or a good lawyer, or anything else.  That might seem a little short-sited, but I've been assured by a lot of people who study history, that these guys who wrote that document really were smart and knew what they were doing.   :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cut-Throat...............

THAT IS THE ONLY THING YOU AND I CAN AGREE ON!!!! YEP, JOHN EDWARDS INSPIRES YOU. EDWARDS BLOWS SMOKE AND YOU JUST INHALE IT. IT IS EASY TO SEE
THAT YOU ARE JUST A DIEHARD DEMOCRAT. IF A MONKEY WAS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT UNDER THE DEMOCRATIC TICKET YOU WOULD VOTE FOR THE "monkey"
I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER HE IS A DEMOCRAT OR A REPUBLICIAN. THAT IS WHERE WE DIFFER. JUST WISH YOU COULD BE A LITTLE OPEN MINDED AND NOT
LEAN SO FAR TO THE LEFT.

REGARDS
CAROLYN

Re: Cut-Throat...............

Cut-Throat said:
If you like Jesse Helms and the current idiot in the White House, we are so far apart politically that anything I say you would not be able to understand anyway.
Carolyn said:
EDWARDS BLOWS SMOKE AND YOU JUST INHALE IT.  IT IS EASY TO SEE
THAT YOU ARE JUST A DIEHARD DEMOCRAT.  IF A MONKEY WAS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT UNDER THE DEMOCRATIC TICKET YOU WOULD VOTE FOR THE "monkey"
I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER HE IS A DEMOCRAT OR A REPUBLICIAN.
Laurence said:
Phew, six pages of posts, anyone think politics are polarized right now?  :LOL:
Oooh, yeah, it's gonna be a great mid-term election and run-up to 2008.

C'mon guys, put down the guns and back away slowly with your frosty beverages held high in the air.

Let's change the subject to something safer like religion or sex...

sgeeeee said:
2) a natural born citizen of the US

Actually, there is a loophole, but it's kind of hard to take advantage of it these days :)

Carolyn said:
He has NO experience! Can you provide a resume on Mr. Edwards as to his

Could it be any worse than:

Frat Boy
Cheerleader
Failed Oilman
Drunk
General Partner of a Baseball Team
Governor

Nords said:
Let's change the subject to something safer like religion or sex...

To be pope you only officially need to be a male catholic but reality places a higher standard. I don't think they say anything else about sex but that that didn't seem to be a problem in the past.

The backgrounds of both successful and unsuccessful presidents are highly varied. Most have a significant political background but not always. Being a significant military figure frequently helps get someone elected but not always. It also doesn't indicate how well they will do in the job.

I am amazed by the amount of pointless venom spewed to attack or defend one or another candidate/office holder. Any attempt at a "discussion" is lost in outshouting any alternative view.

Cute & Fuzzy 2B said:
I am amazed by the amount of pointless venom spewed to attack or defend one or another candidate/office holder. Any attempt at a "discussion" is lost in outshouting any alternative view.

That's why I took Brewer's advice! Now I like to just sit back and enjoy the venom until somebody blows a vein in their neck

8)

Dear Carolyn,

You've made only 3 posts on this forum, all political jibes on this thread, all including SHOUTING. Not a good beginning IMHO--whereas Cut-Throat has long since earned his stripes around here. If you have something to say about early retirement, I'll be glad to read it. How about starting on the "Hi, I am..." board and telling us about yourself and where you are vis a vis FIRE. We're all more interested in that than in your opinions of John Edwards. Or Elizabeth Dole for that matter.

Slogan: A frosty beverage in every fist! (And a long board in every garage-)

We're all cute & fuzzy now...except when we're ugly & prickly ;)

Cute & Fuzzy HFWR said:
Nords for President!!
No way. My stints on homeowner's associations and a non-profit board have cured me of all political aspirations. So has my conduct record...

Nords said:
So has my conduct record...

:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, I DID inhale...

Nords said:
No way.  My stints on homeowner's associations and a non-profit board have cured me of all political aspirations.

You think being a moderator is bad...

Still, it's a platform I can support!

Back
Top Bottom