Small Living

Actually, this discussion reminds me of the thread on together/alone time with SO. If I were single, I could live in a van. I've never done it, but my old room at home as a kid was about 9 X 10. I had way more room than I needed. Living with someone else is a different story. Multiplying by 2 (say 200 SF) just wouldn't do unless it were literally 2 rooms (I'd give her the "big" room) completely separated and with doors.

With 1100 SF or so, we just manage, but as mentioned on the other thread, only because I have a "Les Nessman" office area.

Actually, this discussion reminds me of the thread on together/alone time with SO. If I were single, I could live in a van. I've never done it, but my old room at home as a kid was about 9 X 10. I had way more room than I needed..

But weren't you about 4' tall back then? :whistle:

But weren't you about 4' tall back then? :whistle:

Ya, my old room seemed cavernous, but my kids rooms we have now, which are bigger than my own room, seem tiny. Everything seems big when you're 4 feet tall.

For instance, I squeeze into our Hyundai and wear the thing like a coat. My 5'3" DW slides in easily and all but gets up and walks around the cabin.

Have been perfectly comfortable in a 290 sqft studio apt when I was a newlywed, and in a 744 sqft 2br/1ba first house with the wife and a newborn. Now I'm in a 1758 sqft 4br/2ba for me and 3 part-time kids. When the kids are here it's just fine; when the kids aren't here I could easily do without the extra 3 bedrooms and the extra bath; could easily shave off another 100 sq ft or so of space that I don't need also, so maybe 500-700 sq ft would work OK.

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom