Evil, Indimidating, Gourgeous,
same as DW perfect match,
and she let's me drive her around in it on long trips

2003 Chev 2500 HD 4x4 Pick Up
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
1968 Jeep J3500 Pick Up
1967 Jeep Commando

Hi-jacking again.

What do you like about your HHR, Goonie? I thought about getting one, but it looks really small on the inside and I'm a bit lanky.

Good power? Mileage? Ride/Drive well?

I think you can a manual trans for that, if I'm not mistaken. Thought that would be cool to row gears again.

I'm 5'10" and have about 5" excess headroom, there's also plenty of leg room. A lot of times when I'm on the highway I move the seat FORWARD a little for more comfort! There's actually quite a bit of room in one.

Power is decent....it's not a rocket...but there's absolutely no problem on the highway merging from the ramps, or passing on 2-lanes. It has plenty of get up and go. My average mileage is about 25mpg (less if it's all in-town).....highway-only about 30mpg.

Standard equipment on the LS (base) model includes a std. tranny. I always enjoyed shifting, but this one came with 'auto'. Also, unless they've changed it for the 07's, the 'auto' comes with a remote start engine.....nice for warming the interior in winter before you have to go out and get in it...and also for the A/C in the summer!

The original owner of my HHR special ordered it withOUT the remote start....what were they thinking?! I had an after-market one installed by the guys at Ziebart....sweet! (we've had them installed on our last 4 cars)

Even with the front seats all the way back, there's still plenty of leg room in the back seat...even for real people....like my size! The back seats fold flat for extra cargo room, and there is 'under the floor' storage in the back cargo area. The rear cargo area floor can be raised to just below the window line, to provide even more hidden storage space. There are also several tie-down hooks for bungee cords or a cargo net.

With the right rear seat folded down, and the front passenger seat folded forward (flat), you can haul 8' long lumber, pipe, alligators, or whatever.

It rides very nice. It's a little (very little) bumpy at low speeds (<20mph), but smooth as silk at highway speeds. And being low-slung, it hugs the road on the highway, and isn't affected by crosswinds.

That's the end of my hi-jack, too....Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

2002 Saturn SL (the last year they made this model) - the 3rd SL I've owned. 66K miles (bought used Feb 07) -- high end of reasonable price. Good overall condition. Put a nicer after-market radio/cd in it. Epa 35/40 est. mileage -- closer to 35 in actual use. I hope to keep this one 7 or 8 years -- as long as I kept each of the two prior ones.

Notable: this replaced my "toy" a 2004 Mazda Miata. It was fun, but after 2 1/2 years of $400/mo payments I sold it. I like to say (truthfully) that the only thing stupider than buying a brand-new car is selling it after two years.

An '80 Volare being restored? No way. I thought the one my older brother restored for a guy would be the only one ever re-done. This one was painted a darker gold... had a rainbow looking stripe right next to the rocker panel... yellow, orange, and red I think, with roadrunner logo. Had a straight six in it :uglystupid:. Come to think of it... I'm not sure if it was a true Roadrunner, but the owner thought enough of it to stick a bunch of money into it. Turned out pretty nice.

My buddy had an '80-81 Aspen in high school. Had a 318 in it. What a pooch. But it went fast enough to get him in trouble, though.

What kind of shape is the Cordoba in? I haven't seen a nice one for many moons.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

The Cordoba is fair, 130,000 km needs paint and interior work, Excellent underneath with one Ontario winter. Should maybe do it instead of the Aspen

The 80 runner came with any engine and was basically a trim package. there are a lot of aspen/volare hiding out there. Mostly they are heavily modified. A couple of links if you are interested.

Jason's Aspen / Volare Club - Pictures

Plymouth Volare and Dodge Aspen including Super Coupe

Jason's Aspen/Volare Club - Dedicated to the Performance and Preservation of all F/J/M Body Mopars

Bruce

79 Ford F250 4X4 bought new--only use it to tow the old 5th wheel
94 Wrangler----local trips
80 El Camino---bought a couple weeks ago for a road car. The Wrangler is not much of a road car.

The Wrangler was $78 for six months insurance. Last week I got a $16 rebate check in the mail from the insurance company.

Nothing exotic here...

2004 Ranger 4x4 - like the small size for parking, etc., and the 4x4 makes it the most comfortable snowmobile we've ever had.

2006 Freestar - great for hauling everyone and everything, plus it is a comfortable vehicle which rides/drives great for local or road trips.

2006 Mustang Convertible - fun cruiser for the 2 of us... planning on some Route 66 trips over the next few years...

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
DW - 2007 Honda Odyssey
Summer fun car - 2006 Ford Mustang GT convertible
2006 Honda F12 Aquatrax (jet ski) when at the lake

Transportation

2001 BMW X5 SUV

1990 Ford 250 Truck

1990 Acura Legend

1987 Toyota Pickup

1990 Yamaha Virago Motorcycle

1969 Alfa GTV (recently sold)

130 days until retirement. We bought vehicles recently that we will have for a long time.

2007 Chevy crewcab Z71
2000 Chevy Z71, gotta sell it
2006 impala
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
2001 Harley Road King Classic

"Nice car. Did you get a good price? Cry over parting with it or celebrate?"

I bought the car in 1973 from a Ferrari mechanic in San Francisco. He also had a Ferrari Daytona. He convinced me that the Daytona was too hard to steer in traffic ( I lived in S.F. at the time). This was the car that at one time was later worth about a half million dollars.

I was sorry about missing that one.

I put the Alfa on Craigslist for a low price since it was stored at my ranch in Mendocino County which is a two hour drive north of S.F.

I got well over a hundred emails and two people drove to the ranch just to see it. One brought a car trailer and bought it for about $4,500. It was in lousy shape but no rust. Great engine.

The Alfa nuts are an amazing bunch. Even got a call from the original mechanic. Told me the Ferrari was never sold, he kept it.

Strange trip.

boont

Me Saab Convertible ('cause there's sunny days in Texas)
DW Hummer H3 (replaced 3 vehicles with this one, so we tell ourselves it was economical to do so)
lol '... rationalization is better than sex ... ' The Big Chill
whatever works I say.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom