Spring arrives in Estonia *pics*

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
While no flowers are blooming yet or leaves on the trees, the snow is all gone and blue skies and sunshine are the order of the day in my beautiful city. Enjoy. :)

img0707zm3.jpg

img0711yn3.jpg

img0720ff8.jpg

img0723vl7.jpg

img0732di7.jpg

img0602copylq5.jpg

img0639copycp6.jpg

img0599qz5.jpg

img0593copydm3.jpg

img0740copyhk1.jpg

Wow, it is a very beautiful city. Enjoy spring!

Ha

Very nice! Looks like alot to do--

Wheres Borat?!

Donzo said:
Wheres Borat?!

Isn't Borat supposed to be a Tajik? Wrong end of the contintent!

PS Trek- Is the elegant redhead your GF? Congratulations on her!

Ha

looks beautiful. nice shot of old steeple framed by the modern towers. hope all goes well there for you.

Beautiful city!

It's spring, yet people are still dressed in winter clothing. What do they wear in the winter? Brrrr........

Beautiful city! That picture with the girls and bike looking out to the ships would make a nice painting -- after a little fiddling with the composition.

What do tourists do who come there? Any idea how much hotels charge?

Just curious.

Les

Wow - what beautiful clear days you had. Everything looks so sharp!

Audrey

It does look like a beautiful city. We had spring arrive and then winter came back for a little while, but hopefully it will be improving in my neck of the woods too. Enjoy your great spring weather and thanks for posting the pictures!

Greatl architecture. Interesting all the red roofs. Never thought of it as being so pretty. Don't know why.

Great pix, trek! A beautiful place.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your relocation.

(The snow melted in Calgary over the weekend, but it is freezing again tonight and more snow coming.)

lazygood4nothinbum said:
looks beautiful. nice shot of old steeple framed by the modern towers. hope all goes well there for you.

Thanks! So far I couldn't be happier with my decision to move here permanently. :D

lsbcal said:
Beautiful city! What do tourists do who come there? Any idea how much hotels charge?
Just curious.
Les

Most tourists come for the history. The city dates from around 1154 and many a war has been fought over this bit of land. It's also one of the best preserved medieval cities in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Plenty of museums and other cultural activities. Tallinn is also a port of call for the Scandinavian cruise ships on the return trip from St. Petersburg, Russia, so many people that don't even know much about the city get a nice treat they didn't expect when they stop in for the day. And being a European capital city, Tallinn offers everything else a tourist might enjoy. Zoo, botanical gardens, theater, ballet, nightclubs, etc.

So far as hotels, it's anything you want. You can have the presidential suite at the fancy Radisson SAS skyscraper downtown for $2000 a night or a hostel for $20 and everything in between. Plenty of lodging choices. Winter time prices are much better than summer if you don't mind the cold. The city is quite beautiful covered in a layer of snow.

mountaintosea said:
Those pictures certainly look inviting. Are there no crowds?

Summer time it'll get pretty busy, but never unbearable. Most tourists stick the medieval part of the city known as Old Town so the rest of the city is business as usual. The entire city is pretty spread out and only has a total population of 400,000 (small by most European capital city standards) so it's very livable.

Lancelot said:
WOW! Great pics Trek. That does it, Estonia is definaltely on my travel list :)
Lance

If you're ever in the neighborhood look me up. I'll show ya around. :)

Back
Top Bottom