Stick a Fork in Me....

Early on, they asked if I would consider providing consultation services in the future, and I left the door open for occasional consulting.

Let the Retirement Begin!!!!
I suspect the first "consulting opportunity" will be to rebuild the office. I may be wrong. You never went into details about the corporate culture issues but I've had past experiences with dealing with non-US owners and their approaches to US personnel. I always got a chuckle seeing how we were treated compared with equivalent functions in the home country.

Congratulations on getting out.

I strongly doubt he will commit suicide, but got the impression that he has just become a prime candidate to join the "window tribe" - not fired, but given an office with a window, no telephone, no computer and no assignments.

On one level, I feel a bit sorry for the.......nah, never mind - Karma's a B***ch.

EW it is a prime example of what my what many of our moms said when we were growing up. "It's your bed, you made it, so now you can sleep in it".

.....So now I feel that I have checked off the last professional responsibility I have to them, and can move on with a clear conscience.

Let the Retirement Begin!!!!

I strongly doubt he will commit suicide, but got the impression that he has just become a prime candidate to join the "window tribe" - not fired, but given an office with a window, no telephone, no computer and no assignments.

On one level, I feel a bit sorry for the.......nah, never mind - Karma's a B***ch.

Well done, EW!

In our organization we had a slightly different process called mushrooming - save the windows for the good performers - put guys like him in a dark, damp place and feeding him sh1t until he quits.

Be careful with that whiskey! They might have slipped a mickey in it, some strange brew that would mess with your mind and convince you to go back there! :)

Congrats on getting out, and for getting a ringside seat to see the execs' reaction to all the rats getting off the sinking ship (so to speak).

I don't expect to get a nice bottle of whiskey for my going away present. More likely a pat on the back, a hearty handshake, and that will be it. But I don't care. I'm going to forget about the place the second I walk out that door for the last time.

Back
Top Bottom