Join Early Retirement Today
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets
Nope. When I retired, I retired.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Dcharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have not done anything with LinkedIn, but folks suggestions sound pretty inspiring. Currently I get emails and maybe a weekly phone call for a job, all of which I ignore.
Really I had no idea what to do with it, as it is still a good way for old previous work buddies to look me up, which has happened.
Think I'll label myself as Consultant, after I turn off the notification things.

Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
One other thought on LinkedIn: I'm finding it delightful to be able to say what I want in comments on articles. There's a lot of good writing on things companies do wrong ("Ten things not to say when you're firing someone") or that describe ideal situations that never exist in real companies, and now I can comment. I'm tactful, give factual examples but with no names, but if I offend someone, well, they're never going to see my resume so I don't care.
athena53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #44
Full time employment: Posting here.
I was always a light user of Linkedin. When I ER'd I immediately added "retired" to my title. In the past couple of years I've put on a number of science classes for seniors and updated my Linkedin title to "Science Educator".

I mostly stayed on LI to potentially help former employees that I thought might get laid off in that first couple of years after I left due to some big changes in the organizations. Fortunately they all stay gainfully employed.

Happy, Wild, and Free
martyp is offline   Reply With Quote