Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauAnn View Post
As I sit here and type this, tonight is my last Sunday evening before a Monday workday. And although I do have to go into work tomorrow, it will be a short week for me. My last day is Thursday. I am so looking forward to next Sunday when the euphoria of a Sunday afternoon/evening is no longer dreaded.

Sleeping in, or more accurately not having to get up, and no longer experiencing the Sunday-evening dread will be, I suspect, among the best parts of ER for me.
Good for you. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

My Sunday blues hit right around 3 pm. I can't remember a time when I didn't have the Sunday blues.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKitty View Post
My Sunday blues hit right around 3 pm. I can't remember a time when I didn't have the Sunday blues.
I just finished my third Sunday night as a slacking unemployed bum "accidental retiree". It still has a different feeling to it than other nights. I'm sure that will eventually change, but old habits die hard!
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #44

Quote:
The phenomenon is a real one -- 78 percent of respondents in a recent international Monster.com poll reported experiencing the so-called "Sunday Night Blues." And a whopping 47 percent said they get it "really bad." In the U.S., that number jumps to 59 percent.
The Huffington Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #45

Not me. I love the Sunday night feeling, knowing that tomorrow morning once again I can go out and run errands without dealing with all the crowds. I just try to stay out of the rush hour madness.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #46
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Not me. I love the Sunday night feeling, knowing that tomorrow morning once again I can go out and run errands without dealing with all the crowds. I just try to stay out of the rush hour madness.
+1 I love having the option to run errands and avoid rush hour insanity.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

Last night was my final (I hope, anyway!) session of Sunday Night Blues. It's been a strange feeling today to clear things out of my inbox, refuse new projects, and joke around about tomorrow being my last day at work.

I can't wait to see how Sunday feels now! :P
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #48

DH retired in July 2008. He dreaded Sundays. Ever since retirement, he looks up at some point on Sunday and says (with a big grin), "I don't think I'll go to work tomorrow.". It never gets old.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #49

I had problems with Sundays as well, especially if knew there was a pile of work i should have worked the weekend on. Not now! One of the best feelings about ER so far!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Fire View Post
I had problems with Sundays as well, especially if knew there was a pile of work i should have worked the weekend on. Not now! One of the best feelings about ER so far!
W*rked the weekend on? That's crazy talk to ER types!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #51
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Fire View Post
Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh! Please don't bring up bad memories!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #52
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
+1 Now we dread Friday nights, knowing that if we have errands to run on the weekend we'll have to deal with traffic and crowds.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #53
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
+1 Now we dread Friday nights, knowing that if we have errands to run on the weekend we'll have to deal with traffic and crowds.
I agree.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

9 more weeks for me before I can sing the Sunday Night Hallelujah!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #55
Recycles dryer sheets

Best part is now I can take long "weekends" Monday through Friday.
Do not miss the crowds and traffic; campgrounds and resturants are less crowded; same with national parks. Our senior golf group always travels on Monday, golfs three days and travels back on Friday.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #56
Recycles dryer sheets

Cool! New Years Eve is my last day........can't wait!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #57
Dryer sheet aficionado

This coming Sunday will be my last one before a Monday workday. Can't wait!!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena View Post
This coming Sunday will be my last one before a Monday workday. Can't wait!!
I've noticed since getting laid off that Sunday nights are a lot more pleasant! In reality, since I'm working one day a week now (Saturday mornings, just for something to do), it's Friday night when I feel the "crap, I have to work tomorrow" sensation....
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

Old 10-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I've noticed since getting laid off that Sunday nights are a lot more pleasant! In reality, since I'm working one day a week now (Saturday mornings, just for something to do), it's Friday night when I feel the "crap, I have to work tomorrow" sensation....
Yep, those half day work weeks can be a bear
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
Yep, those half day work weeks can be a bear
The waking up at 6:30 and driving the 25 miles to work are more of a drag than the work itself...