Sunsets

audreyh1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We've been staying in an RV Park called "Sunset Point" on Lake LBJ near Marble Falls, TX (in the TX Hill Country). The RV park lays behind a big pink granite dome which juts out into the lake giving a water view on three sides - very dramatic.

Here is the view at sunset from the top of the dome:
Sunset-at-Sunset-Point800.jpg

That's a Hill Country feature known as "Packsaddle Mountain" on the horizon.

Audrey

C'mon Audrey! Let's have full disclosure here, please...

By taking this horizon shot of a beautiful Hill Country sunset (the result of choking levels of air pollution in the area), Audrey carefully avoided showing what was scurrying around at her feet.

img_516459_0_6b620392ff8c9a0e203032c216dd469f.jpg

Hmmm - now that's more like it.

Do ya boil em with Zatarain's spice packets or do ya use the liquid crab boil ? - a few red potatoes and corn on the cob?

Beer brand is optional.

heh heh heh

REWahoo! said:
sunset (the result of choking levels of air pollution in the area

Actually, if you look carefully at the sunset, you can see the immense hordes of mosquitos

unclemick2 said:
Do ya boil em with Zatarain's spice packets or do ya use the liquid crab boil ? - a few red potatoes and corn on the cob?

Beer brand is optional.

Unclemick, around here we eat mostly beef, not bait.
But you're right about the beer. ;)

That's not the sun, that's an asteroid, about to crash into Texas...

Our visit to Hawaii ended up with quite a few nice sunset pictures. I'm looking forward to visiting the islands by our own boat next time :)

hawaiipic.jpg

Ceberon said:
Our visit to Hawaii ended up with quite a few nice sunset pictures. I'm looking forward to visiting the islands by our own boat next time :)
Having spent some time in the Kauai & Molokai channels, lemme hope that you're talking cruise ship. Or fasting.

Nords said:
Having spent some time in the Kauai & Molokai channels, lemme hope that you're talking cruise ship. Or fasting.
No kidding! Only time I ever really got seasick, and I was miserable! Those are some rough waters.

63ft catamaran and the captain rushing to get back to port by a set time. Might as well have been on an endless rollercoaster ride.

Audrey

A couple of Sunsets

Tucson and the Big Island of Hawaii... I had to drop image quality so they are not as good as the originals.

Attachments

• IMG_0114b.JPG
    IMG_0114b.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1219b.JPG
    IMG_1219b.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 4
Had to add a new sunset picture to the collection--Saturday night in Charleston, SC taken anchored at Castle Pinckney in Charleston Harbor.
The other is our wonderful new bridge spanning the Cooper River!

Attachments

• Charleston Sunset.JPG
    Charleston Sunset.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Chs Harbor.JPG
    Chs Harbor.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 3
Here's an autumn sunset over Pamlico Sound viewed from Frisco on the Outer Banks.

Attachments

• Sunset OBX.jpg
    Sunset OBX.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
We've been staying in an RV Park called "Sunset Point" on Lake LBJ near Marble Falls, TX (in the TX Hill Country). The RV park lays behind a big pink granite dome which juts out into the lake giving a water view on three sides - very dramatic.
Pretty cool. That's just about a half hour east of where we live. Packsaddle Mountain is about 15 miles away from here, to the southeast.

And by the way to Wahoo: We've been in the Hill Country for a year now and I'm yet to see a scorpion.

OK, I can't resist posting some. Here are some sunsets across the road from us. Actually, the second one is a nuclear explosion, but it looks like a sunset:

SunsetRed.jpg

Sunset1.jpg

Sunset3.jpg

San Diego sunset

Dinner at sunset...

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
Maybe it’s my contrarian nature, but as Simon & Garfunkel said:

“And I think it's gonna be all right.
Yeah, the worst is over,