Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Term Insurance : No Exam
Old 10-28-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Term Insurance : No Exam

Does anyone know of any ( top rate) insurance carriers offering no medical exam term life insurance policies. Looking for 10 or 20 year level premium with face value coverage of 50 or 100 k.
ferco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #2

AFAIK, it would depend on your present age whether they would want an exam or not.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

that low a face value you could prolly get policy through AARP without underwriting, YMMV
Old 10-28-2016, 10:29 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Good idea, I haven't been feeling well lately

Really depends on your age, I got one like that at age 40 for 10 years for about 500K, it was cheap back then.
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pretty sure most any insurance company would do $100k without an exam unless you have any major red flags.
panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I recently have looked at those as in a few years I may need to do it for protection for my GF in her future retirement gap years between living off my pension and her collecting her benefits. Those plans in the 100k range were significantly higher than ones that needed testing. Another odd duck, I uncovered in the "underwriting" policies is sometimes a higher death payout plan was actually cheaper than a lower one. It appears to pay to shop around a bit.
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Maybe a group policy offered through an organization to which you belong? I'm always getting solicitations about these policies offered through the Air Force Association, usually the application has some health questions but there's no mention of a physical exam. For example, a 50YO nonsmoking male can buy $100K for about $36/mo, level for a certain period (though at age 65, the amount of coverage drops). It's a MetLife policy. More here, just as an example of what I'm talking about.
Also, if you are a member of a credit union, check there, too.
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote