Join Early Retirement Today
Thankful for ...
Old 11-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado
Thankful for ...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm thankful for family and friends first, but I'm also thankful for the factors that most contributed to ER. For me, these include two wonderful parents, inspirational teachers, a few great bosses, a loving spouse, and equal parts luck and hard work.

This is a great day to appreciate FI. Enjoy your turkey!

I reserve the right to change my mind as I get smarter.
Louis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm thankful for my new hip and having the money to pay for it (the deductible). I'm always thankful for my DH but this year I have a new appreciation for him and how wonderfully he took care of me in my recovery.

I'm thankful that both of our grown sons are happy and successful in their chosen fields and still like us enough that we see them often.

I'm thankful for DHs pension. He earned it and deserves it but I still feel a bit of delight when I see that direct deposit every month.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Married, both 61. DH retired June, 2010. I have a pleasant little part time job.
Sue J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Every single little thing. Even the bad things that have their glimmers of silver linings. Life is good.
Go Cubs
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets
Great kids, strong marriage to an excellent person, generally good health for all involved, mom still going strong at 80...

Enough adversity as a kid to make me hungry, but not so much as to break me...enough religion to make me look forward but no so much as to prevent me from looking around...

Born in the greatest country the world has ever seen, not flawless but always striving, built on a wonderfully self-correcting architecture of basic rights and freedoms that in turn created the most resilient economic engine in the history of the world...

And beer
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity.
krotoole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
All of the above, generally good health (things can always be worse in that area!), DW, friends and family, comfortable home, steady income so I'll never have to work again.
I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
I said "abundance" at the table before the meal. We are very fortunate to have access to as much as we do. If one examines history, what we have is unprecidented.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" --Bob Dylan.
heeyy_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets
Thankful I only have to go through this stuff once a year!
Payin-the-Toll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Thankful this happened after the guests left!

Your recent repair?

sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote