Join Early Retirement Today

Thanks to you all
Old 12-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks to you all

I'm just reflecting again how grateful I am that this community exists and that the discussions are almost always civil, interesting and informative. There are few people in real life I can discuss these issues with - envy and jealousy quickly creep in - so it is a real pleasure to have like-minded people posting on line. Thanks. And may 2017 be healthy, happy and on track for whatever goals you have.
Dd852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I've been here almost 10 years and learn something new here almost daily. And may you have a great 2017 as well!
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd852 View Post
I'm just reflecting again how grateful I am that this community exists and that the discussions are almost always civil, interesting and informative. There are few people in real life I can discuss these issues with - envy and jealousy quickly creep in - so it is a real pleasure to have like-minded people posting on line. Thanks. And may 2017 be healthy, happy and on track for whatever goals you have.
+1
Old 12-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #4

I agree - this community is great and I value what I learn here. Thank you all!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #5

Lots of wisdom here. I'm grateful for this community too.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #6

Echoing the above. Since I discovered this forum about a year ago, I check in almost every day. And every time I do, I learn something useful. I've already learned enough to wind my retirement date a lot closer than I had expected.

Assuming that I don't expire prematurely, I will punch out of the sweatshop at 62 instead of 65. It's mind-boggling that all you smart and well-mannered people will have given me three extra years of life. That is a gift beyond price.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #7
Dryer sheet aficionado

Me also. I have learned so much just from reading here. Thank you to everyone. I appreciate all the collective wisdom so much.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I love this forum. I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion. Thanks to all for everything you have taught me over all these years. And I hope we all have a fabulous 2017!!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I found this forum about a month before pulling the trigger. My regret is I didn't find it a few years earlier.

Learned so much from all the posters. Thanks for putting up with my somewhat odd sense of reality.

I really appreciate the mods and the rules. This place was a safe haven during the election. A social media site where nobody got upset! Thank you!

Best wishes for the new year.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:20 AM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

Love this forum and check it every day. Smart and witty people here. I too learn something each time I'm on the site.
davismills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:16 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

+1

I've posted several times how the information on this forum has helped change my life for the better.

Special thanks to the Moderators who keep things non-political (can you imagine what a mess this place could become?!), on-topic and focused.

Truly a special gift!
Old 12-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #12
Dryer sheet aficionado

I too have learned so very much from all the great folks on this site.
I shutter to think how many major mistakes I'd have made during Our quest for FI without the wisdom here.
The level and variety of knowledge is impressive.
sayhey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
The level and variety of knowledge is impressive.
...and unlike so many other sites on the internet, this one quickly self-corrects any misinformation.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion.
Even though I don't fit into any of the above categories, I'm certainly glad to have found this site.

Merry Christmas all!

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #15

Part of my daily habit too! Cup of coffee just tastes better while reading this forum... cheers!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #16
Full time employment: Posting here.

I also value the collective wisdom of this forum and am grateful for it. I continue to learn things that make my life better, and appreciate the moderators for how they manage this site.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I love this forum. I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion. Thanks to all for everything you have taught me over all these years. And I hope we all have a fabulous 2017!!
I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.

Thanks to everyone!
Old 12-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

And doggone it, people like us!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

Thank you to the mods as well! They tirelessly keep this place a great safe place for discussion.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #20

I will add in the level of knowledge and the willingness to help and offer advice is a great aspect of this forum. I always learn something, occasionally try to offer help when I can. Glad i found this forum. Happy holiday wishes and looking forward to a successful new year 2017 to all.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote