The Class of 2014

I'll hit my one year anniversary of FIRE next week. Don't miss the cube-farm at all!! Keep busy with the yard and animal shelter volunteering. Took a few OLLI classes in the winter and in the spring. Did a bit of traveling. It was nice to travel without having to get home and immediately check the work e-mails to see want needed to get done.

South Carolinians Obfuscate Toward Unabashed Sesquipedalianism

Sesquipedalianism - had to look it up!

Best I could find was attribution to Horace coining the term in Ars Poetica. All I will say is that even though an oxymoron by definition is made up of more than one word, I'd still argue sesquipedalianism is the antonym of that!

From a cash flow is everything working out like you planned?
Are spending more because your home?
What advice would you give a person financially for the first year of retirement.
Thanks and congratulation to everyone well done !!!😊

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Hello everyone, I retired 01/03/14 and life as been good! Pension is deposited like clockwork and got a COLA this year. I've travel a little to New Orleans, Lake Charles - LA, Las Vegas - NV and Concord - MA.....some places multiple times. My pension covers all my expenses plus money for saving and travel. I still haven't downsized because I haven't felt like getting the house ready to sell. Hope everyone is enjoying retirement.

I'm spending less on gas and more on entertainment. I stuck to my written budget which I made prior to retirement, I have line items for lunching, tech things that haven't been invented yet, miscellaneous. If I don't spend the money I sweep it into my travel category the next month. I had to replace my two A/C units & furnace to the tune of $11,500 and took that out of my emergency fund.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom