Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

I am looking at a home with a 2400 SF insulated and air conditioned shop building. I want it sooooo bad. In Texas this would give me an extra six months of shop usage.
Culture is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Wow! That's cool!

Purron, thanks for the reminder about building a garage. DW and I are interested in something to protect our travel trailer. Right now we store it off-site. I checked the web site for Amish builders you mentioned in the other thread. Good Stuff.

Regarding the Gretchen Wilson song and video - I had not seen the video till now - are you going to get the camouflage bra? Does DH have plenty of camouflage undergarments? It's tough to keep the redneck image without the appropriate attire.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Regarding the Gretchen Wilson song and video - I had not seen the video till now - are you going to get the camouflage bra?
We want pictures! We want pictures!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Small house big garage is a great concept.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Small house big garage is a great concept.
+1 That way you have everything inside, safe and secure from the elements or criminal activity. And the smaller the house, the less expense and bother.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #46
Full time employment: Posting here.

What can you do with a tractor? I'm interested that you only have one tractor- I've found that at a minimum, you need a tractor with a backhoe and a skid steer for most any project- can't imagine planting daffodils without the backhoe. Brings a new dimension to gardening when you have to be able drive in a tractor if there is ever a chance you'll want another hole dug?

At our last house, our neighbors had a great laugh when we put in a row of plants along our driveway. I used a the backhoe to dig a long trench for the plants, then pushed the dirt back in. Before we moved, my little tractor did a lot of chores in the neighborhood.

Nice garage!
davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Regarding the Gretchen Wilson song and video - I had not seen the video till now - are you going to get the camouflage bra? Does DH have plenty of camouflage undergarments? It's tough to keep the redneck image without the appropriate attire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
We want pictures! We want pictures!
In the words of the great Steven Tyler, "Dream On"
Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
And the smaller the house, the less expense and bother.
And the smaller the house, the less likely it is for friends and relatives to stay too long or even think about moving in.

BTW, loving your new kitten avatar
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemartin88 View Post
What can you do with a tractor? I'm interested that you only have one tractor- I've found that at a minimum, you need a tractor with a backhoe and a skid steer for most any project- can't imagine planting daffodils without the backhoe. Brings a new dimension to gardening when you have to be able drive in a tractor if there is ever a chance you'll want another hole dug?

At our last house, our neighbors had a great laugh when we put in a row of plants along our driveway. I used a the backhoe to dig a long trench for the plants, then pushed the dirt back in. Before we moved, my little tractor did a lot of chores in the neighborhood.

Nice garage!
Thanks. I hope you'll understand, but I'm resisting showing your message to DH. I'm afraid he'd agree with you that we need more than one tractor.

I'm sure, like you, DH will do lots of chores in the neighborhood. He's the kind of guy to likes to help people. One of the many reasons I adore him.