The housekeeper was here today

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
She will be here twice a month.

I will not have to wash dishes (by hand), clean the kitchen or the bathroom or the attached garage, or vacuum or mop.

(And I am stimulating the economy.);)

I will do housework no more forever.

Last edited:

I will not have to wash dishes (by hand), clean the kitchen or the bathroom or the attached garage, or vacuum or mop.

Don't forget to pay the taxes on the housekeeper.:cool:

Khan, I can see that big grin on you face from here...

One word of caution: my sister recently hired a "cleaning lady" as well. Then she began noticing her prescription medicine disappearing. Be careful.

Spring's whispering in the air, you've got a housekeeper--Kahn, your spirits must be soaring again! Mine are just hearing about your nice clean house.

Khan, I can see that big grin on you face from here...

One word of caution: my sister recently hired a "cleaning lady" as well. Then she began noticing her prescription medicine disappearing. Be careful.

I had employed her in the past (while w*rking). I don't have prescription medicine. Don't have much worth stealing anyway.

I had employed her in the past (while w*rking).
Do you find yourself cleaning up for the cleaning lady?

How did you find someone willing to come twice a month? The cleaning services I've seen want to visit weekly.

How do you handle the intrusion on your privacy?

Very little, just moving laundry.

How did you find someone willing to come twice a month? The cleaning services I've seen want to visit weekly.
She has a day job.

When I was w*rking she was there before I was home. Now I just ignore her while she is doing her thing (except for moving away from computer while she vacuums).

I can put up with intrusions on my privacy for a while if it means I don't have to do the $%^& housework.

Hell NO ! Just move your junk out of the way so they can clean horizontal surfaces and do floors more efficiently. I usually put all my personal stuff on the bed or sofa in a small box or basket. If I'm here, I will help move lightweight chairs while the cleaner vacuums.

Independent housecleaners (vs service companies) will accomodate any frequency you want. I used to do this myself to make some quick money on the side. Some of my customers were happy to see me 6x a year if that's all I could manage while w*rking FT.

Privacy is relative. I enjoy the sound of someone else running the vacuum cleaner instead of me.

I know Khan will answer these, but I couldn't resist. I have a once a month cleaner come in, for a top to bottom cleanup. I maintain it the rest of the time. Life is good. :greetings10:

Hell NO ! Just move your junk out of the way so they can clean horizontal surfaces and do floors more efficiently. I usually put all my personal stuff on the bed or sofa in a small box or basket. If I'm here, I will help move lightweight chairs while the cleaner vacuums.

Independent housecleaners (vs service companies) will accomodate any frequency you want. I used to do this myself to make some quick money on the side. Some of my customers were happy to see me 6x a year if that's all I could manage while w*rking FT.

Privacy is relative. I enjoy the sound of someone else running the vacuum cleaner instead of me.

I know Khan will answer these, but I couldn't resist. I have a once a month cleaner come in, for a top to bottom cleanup. I maintain it the rest of the time. Life is good. :greetings10:

I need a wife.

But not having one, I am willing to pay.

Very glad to hear you resumed the cleaner.
Khan :clap: and Freebird :clap: are no longer slaves to their houses. And are no longer damaging their hands and elbows and arms.

I understand the part "clean the kitchen or the bathroom or the attached garage, or vacuum or mop." but I don't get the dirty dishes part. You will leave dirty dishes for two weeks until she shows up?

tmm

I understand the part "clean the kitchen or the bathroom or the attached garage, or vacuum or mop." but I don't get the dirty dishes part. You will leave dirty dishes for two weeks until she show up?

tmm

Yes, for the stuff that is too big or small or delicate to go into the dishwasher.

I remember reading awhile ago about some housecleaners that were trying to "help", save room, and mixing all the cleaning supplies together - cleaned out somebody's oven - the next time the owner turned on the oven, she had to be taken to the hospital. (I told my mom this story so she watches what the cleaning lady is doing.)

I remember reading awhile ago about some housecleaners that were trying to "help", save room, and mixing all the cleaning supplies together - cleaned out somebody's oven - the next time the owner turned on the oven, she had to be taken to the hospital. (I told my mom this story so she watches what the cleaning lady is doing.)

Had a self-cleaning (gas) oven installed ~9 years ago; run the cleaning cycle twice a year.

I think it is great . At this stage in our life we should hire whatever help we need . I need a weed puller .

I think it is great . At this stage in our life we should hire whatever help we need . I need a weed puller .

I also pay a neighbor (housecleaners father, my age) for yard work and minor household stuff).

Excellent Kahn! I spent last week deep cleaning the house from top to bottom. It was exhausting. I sometimes wish we could have a housekeeper, but I can't bring myself to spend the money and my wife doesn't stand the idea of some stranger going through her stuff...

OK, who wants to go first?

As a contender for Mr. No Tact World, I'll go. :tongue:

I do at least as much housework as DW. Would be happy to farm out the work, but its not really in the budget and in a household with 2 small children, 2 dogs and a cat, and actual cleaning you do is undone is roughly 15 minutes.

As a contender for Mr. No Tact World, I'll go. :tongue:

I do at least as much housework as DW. Would be happy to farm out the work, but its not really in the budget and in a household with 2 small children, 2 dogs and a cat, and actual cleaning you do is undone is roughly 15 minutes.

No spouse/SO, no kids, 1 well behaved cat.

There shall be room in the budget (dropping cable).

(dropping cable).

Easy sacrifice to make, if I am any judge. We have cable as part of a package with phone and internet, but the pay tv part is easily the worst value.

Khan, we need a wife, too.

I had high hopes when our buddy moved in with us back in November, but he's not coming along as fast as I'd hoped. He will do some cooking and sweeping up, but I still fantasize about someone to go to the grocery store, do laundry, and clean the windows. He does play ball with the dogs a lot.

Maybe one day I'll spend the money on a housekeeper, but I don't know how you'd do it when there are five cats and five dogs in a house! Congrats on your new freedom!

Beware

Beware of Hot Looking housekeepers and/or babysitters. They might destroy your marriage and kill your ER dream...hehehe...

Back
Top Bottom