The Landings, Skidaway Island Ga...

LARS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone have any experience with full time residence in The Landings, a gated-community in the Savannah Ga area?

Edit: should read Skidaway Island... oops.

Last edited:
No experience living there but in my working days when traveling I would often scope out places to live in retirement and 'The Landings' was one of those places and I really liked what I saw. If you like outdoor activities (golf, water sports, etc.) it should meet your needs. They do offer 3 day visit promotions but renting long term would be the better choice before buying.

I also looked at other places in the surrounding area (Hilton Head and Beaufort SC). The one place I really liked was Callawassie Island, it's a beautiful place and I almost bought a lot there years ago. Glad I didn't, I read recently where there are some serious issues with the HOA and golf memberships that is making it very difficult for current homeowners to sell their homes. I'm not aware of any similar issues at The Landings but if it seems like homes are being listed for sale at unusually low prices it should definitely raise some red flags.

No experience living there but in my working days when traveling I would often scope out places to live in retirement and 'The Landings' was one of those places and I really liked what I saw. If you like outdoor activities (golf, water sports, etc.) it should meet your needs. They do offer 3 day visit promotions but renting long term would be the better choice before buying.

I also looked at other places in the surrounding area (Hilton Head and Beaufort SC). The one place I really liked was Callawassie Island, it's a beautiful place and I almost bought a lot there years ago. Glad I didn't, I read recently where there are some serious issues with the HOA and golf memberships that is making it very difficult for current homeowners to sell their homes. I'm not aware of any similar issues at The Landings but if it seems like homes are being listed for sale at unusually low prices it should definitely raise some red flags.

Thanks for the observations. You make an excellent point to remember when buying into a private community to never forget you are making two purchases: your specific house and an investment in the club infrastructure, which is equal, if not more important, than the individual house.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom