The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took some bee photo's today also. Also, a young bald eagle getting ready to think about that first flight.

Attachments

• Closeup bumblebee.JPG
    Closeup bumblebee.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Eaglet.JPG
    Eaglet.JPG
    851 KB · Views: 31
Slurry bomber hitting the 416 fire near Durango, CO. 6/7/18
Using an old legacy glass vivitar 70-210 telephoto on my A7R3. The smoke and zoom make this less than sharp, but it was as close as I could get safely.

slurry3.jpg

Last edited:
On top of the Cliffs at Slieve Leage, in county Donagal, Ireland. Roy, a sheep dog at Killary Sheep Farm, County Galway, Ireland.

Attachments

• DSCN5797.jpg
    DSCN5797.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN5634e.jpg
    DSCN5634e.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 27
A couple from today's hike at Starved Rock State Park in Utica, Illinois. It's been raining for a while, so I thought it would be a good time for some waterfall photos.

First one is two - 3 shot HDR images that were focus stacked. ISO 64, 26 mm, F11, exposure time varied

28848048928_48f0acf2af_h.jpg

Second is F8, 24 mm, ISO 2000, 1/100 sec

40911424560_956af8626d_h.jpg

I finally took the time to look back at the photos. All I can say is how beautiful your photos are. Thanks

I enrolled in a photography class that started the week after I retired. This week, in a more advanced class, I was joined by another man who had taken the intro class a couple of years earlier when he retired - both of us at 50. Apparently the thing to do when you retire early is to take up photography. :)

Apparently the thing to do when you retire early is to take up photography. :)

That reminds me, I should check with the local community college and see if they have any new classes different from the ones I've already taken.

A small portion of the 416 fire, Near Hermosa Creek, Durango. 6/11/18

View attachment 28727
Great photo. Thanks for posting.

This is about 7PM on 6/11, ~sixty miles east. That's the sun, no filters. June, 11 was the worst day here, yet. I could definitely smell and perhaps taste something in the air. We couldn't see any familiar landmarks.

20180611_185919.jpeg

Watched the Blue Angels practice run a couple days ago.
The low altitude run was about 800mph.

"The highest speed flown during an air show is 700 mph (just under Mach 1) and the lowest speed is 120 mph"-Wikipedia

Love the Blues. I have worked on Fat Albert and I was assisting (trouble shooting bad stores codes) on a F/A-18C today as a matter of fact.

Great pics.

Great photo. Thanks for posting.

This is about 7PM on 6/11, ~sixty miles east. That's the sun, no filters. June, 11 was the worst day here, yet. I could definitely smell and perhaps taste something in the air. We couldn't see any familiar landmarks.

View attachment 28804

Pagosa Springs?
I've been through several big wildfires, and this one was by far the worst air quality I have ever encountered. Hazardous air measurments for days on end. Everything was shut down over here for two weeks. The rain that fell last weekend was a godsend in tamping that monster fire down.

"The highest speed flown during an air show is 700 mph (just under Mach 1) and the lowest speed is 120 mph"-Wikipedia

That has to be false, I can't imagine where whoever wrote that for Wikipedia got their information. A J-3 cub has a cruise speed of ~60-65 mph and IIRC a never-exceed speed of 90 mph. Try to make it go 120 mph and one stands a good chance of losing parts essential to continued flight.

Pagosa Springs?
I've been through several big wildfires, and this one was by far the worst air quality I have ever encountered. Hazardous air measurments for days on end. Everything was shut down over here for two weeks. The rain that fell last weekend was a godsend in tamping that monster fire down.
Yes, west side of Pagosa(uptown). It was nothing here compared to what Durango area had. We were in Durango, 6/6, at the college. The entire drive looked scary with smoke. We were concerned and planned, at a high level, how to evacuate. I thought there was pretty good information available on public media.

The rain made all the difference. I know there's a lot of folks still working on the fire, but the air is much better. Hopefully the remaining damage is away from people and structures.

A few neighbors expressed their concern about re-opening the forest areas. Some of the popular local trails run behind our homes. Hopefully folks will still be concerned and act appropriately. It's still very dry.

Saw them last year.

Attachments

• NIK_2626.jpg
    NIK_2626.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 37
  • NIK_2606.jpg
    NIK_2606.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 36
Early morning on the Cinque Terre in Italy. You know its morning because the mobs of tourists have not yet arrived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom