The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice photos. I never thought I'd be posting in this thread, here's one of our front yard DW took yesterday from my iPad.

There's a similar one next door, right now the wind is blowing too much and it's always backlighted by the sun if I want the background to be wooded. If the wind dies down enough I'll try putting some lights/umbrellas on light stands and make the neighbors think "Oh boy, poor Walt's lost it".

A couple more from a recent hike

Attachments

• rockclimbing.jpg
    rockclimbing.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Yellow fall.jpg
    Yellow fall.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Stopped into a church....

Last edited:
We're dating ourselves, are we not?
I haven't dated since DW and I got married. We probably should give the thread back to the photographers, though, or they'll get mad at us. :)

Looked at the iPad Air today(with photography in mind), since my original iPad can't handle the new OS or apps. The images were so much sharper. I just wish Photoshop worked on the iPad. I need it so rarely, but it would be nice to have for combining different photoshop and adding elements...

Thanks Audrey. I've used Photogene and I'm pleased with it. I'll check out the others this week.

First post goes to this awesome thread. Looking forward to reading about how to FIRE, want to start already but am graduating in December. Anyway, just got my first dslr and took this shot tonight and decided to share.

That is a fabulous photo, C-man23!

Welcome to the forum!

Common Grackles
Nikon D7000 , Nikon - Zoom 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR, hand held

Attachments

• image-2984416614.jpg
    image-2984416614.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 17
Nice shot c-man23- pretty sky. I took this one last night looking over the observatory just about dusk. You can just see Venus above the clouds below the moon.

img_1376607_0_5cdbffefae139b0b568de3ce2d4baa01.jpg

img_1376607_1_13bcb99cd774140e6c4ed2d1faf269aa.jpg

Last edited:
Brown Pelican seen while walking along the creek behind my apartment. The pelican and the post are in the shade of the building, the background is illuminated by the setting sun.

Last edited:
While DW is recovering from a severe cold I stick around to get whatever she needs so I had to make do with what I could find close by. While fall foliage is past peak, individual trees and leaves are not. So I went out in the yard and picked up a few and got out the macro lens. I also included a shot of my lavishly equipped studio.

Attachments

• Indoor_leaves-1.jpg
    Indoor_leaves-1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Indoor_leaves-2.jpg
    Indoor_leaves-2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Indoor_leaves-3.jpg
    Indoor_leaves-3.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Indoor_leaves-5.jpg
    Indoor_leaves-5.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Indoor_leaves-6.jpg
    Indoor_leaves-6.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
While DW is recovering from a severe cold I stick around to get whatever she needs so I had to make do with what I could find close by. While fall foliage is past peak, individual trees and leaves are not. So I went out in the yard and picked up a few and got out the macro lens. I also included a shot of my lavishly equipped studio.
Great shots on the leaves. Good idea putting them to work after they've fallen. Nice studio!

Last edited:
Winter must be here. Found an icy pond on my hike yesterday and my dock is a little frosty

Attachments

• image-1795310931.jpg
    image-1795310931.jpg
    889.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image-505472345.jpg
    image-505472345.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 17
Just a snapshot, (but we like it), that my wife caught in the Azores last month on our way back from Barcelona:

2rqztid.jpg

Just went through this entire thread and have enjoyed lots of good pics. Actually made a modest living in the field of photography before deciding that it was too modest and moved on to something else. Sold my gear and got a point and shoot when we started having kids. When I went off the payroll 3 1/2 years ago I researched digital cameras and got a Canon 5D MKII. It's been great fun.

flicker

Just went through this entire thread and have enjoyed lots of good pics. Actually made a modest living in the field of photography before deciding that it was too modest and moved on to something else. Sold my gear and got a point and shoot when we started having kids. When I went off the payroll 3 1/2 years ago I researched digital cameras and got a Canon 5D MKII. It's been great fun. flicker http://s78.photobucket.com/user/kbtrans/media/flickerllessvignette_zpsb30609e1.jpg.html
Great shot. Was this taken in the wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom