The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
where i find it isn't the right camera to use is indoors with flash with people. lots of red eye. very low light or fast moving objects are not the greatest either.

but scenic shots and street photography are awesome.

One from yesterday

Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado by KBColorado, on Flickr

... and a couple from this morning. My favorite day for shooting sunrises is the morning after the full moon. Full moon is nice but it sets behind the hills long before sunrise. This is the Sangre de Cristo range of the Rockies in south central Colorado. Clicking on the panorama gives a much better sense of what's going on in that photo.

Big Mountain Moon by KBColorado, on Flickr

Sangre de Cristo moonset by KBColorado, on Flickr

Nice shots Paul. I was chasing that same moon a few nights ago in Arizona, but I couldn't get to the edge of the mountains soon enough

The Photographers' Corner

Really like the composition on the last shot Paul. All the lines move the eye toward the low spot on the horizon, and the fact that the moon isn't all the way down in that low spot gives it a feel as if it's being pulled in that direction. Kind of like you can feel the 'gravity' of the situation lol.

just playing around and matching the look to the time. some are hdr's.
taken at various places in long island

MCJ_2154_5606_edited-3-X3.jpg

MMPHOTO_100522_51-2-X3.jpg

MCJ_6913-X3.jpg

MMPHOTO_100605_9_HDR-2-2-X3.jpg

MCJ_1942_3_4_5_6_7_8_tonemapped-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Fog descending on the view from my balcony.ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1395233714.198303.jpg

Thanks Ronstar and seraphim ... it's been good to get the camera out of hibernation this week.

Very nice Chuckanut. This may be the year I get to cross Zion off my "to do" list.

And yes, whatever software this forum is using to present the preview of shots uploaded directly to the forum is totally wacko. Much better to post from a hosting service ... and there's a bunch of free ones.

And yes, whatever software this forum is using to present the preview of shots uploaded directly to the forum is totally wacko. Much better to post from a hosting service ... and there's a bunch of free ones.

Yes. It seems overly contrasty to the point of blowing out highlights.

Going through all the shots from yesterday morning, I found that this one that had a bit of good luck attached to it. Had no idea when snapping the shutter.

since i like flower "guts" and bugs i use quite a few extension tubes on my nikon 105mm vr macro lens with my d800.

i find 95% of everything i shoot in macro is autofocus. i find it so difficult to lock focus that close manually and hold it long enough to shoot .

but by using autofocus and continuous i gently rock sligtly back and forth while holding the shutter down. bingo ,pretty decent focus all the time.

these are some examples of my autofocus and rocking style..

130525_M%26M%20PHOTO-19-X3.jpg

130525_M%26M%20PHOTO-87-X2.jpg

130629_M%26M%20PHOTO-46-Edit-X3.jpg

130608_M%26M%20PHOTO-72-Edit-X3.jpg

130601_M%26M%20PHOTO-57-X2.jpg

Last edited:
The Photographers' Corner

Are these shots handheld or using a tripod?

Making tea (pouring water on the side of the brewing vessel to make the tea leaves swirl):

13293219853_05d6115a20_c.jpg

Last edited:
I notice there are a lot of shots of landscapes and objects here, but not too many portraits. Is that because you guys aren't keen to post portraits in order to help preserve some anonymity here, or because you're not that interested in photographing people?

Just curious.

I notice there are a lot of shots of landscapes and objects here, but not too many portraits. Is that because you guys aren't keen to post portraits in order to help preserve some anonymity here, or because you're not that interested in photographing people?

Just curious.

I shot some nice family portraits over the holidays. But I would feel wrong posting them here without the subject's approval.

Just curious.

Probably

Reason 1 anonymity

Reason 2 model release laws.
I my be overly cautious about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_release

good portarait shooting is an art unto itself and to do well requires special lighting and reflectors.

some rustic shots

MCJ_2242-X3.jpg

DSC_2916_5581_edited-1-X3.jpg

DSC_2948_49_50Enhancer-X3.jpg

100522__MM_PHOTO-17-X3.jpg

DSC_2923_2371-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom