The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow-your photos are beautiful!

Thanks. DW is tired of me hogging the computer to edit photos after we get home from a big trip. She declared that our Christmas to ourselves will be a new one for me to use. This morning I ordered a desktop rig with a Black Friday discount that has an Intel i5 processor, Asus MB, GeForce GTX 1060 card, SSD HD, and 16 GB RAM. Topped it off with a Dell 27" 4K monitor. It's a custom build so now I gotta wait.

Thanks. DW is tired of me hogging the computer to edit photos after we get home from a big trip. She declared that our Christmas to ourselves will be a new one for me to use. This morning I ordered a desktop rig with a Black Friday discount that has an Intel i5 processor, Asus MB, GeForce GTX 1060 card, SSD HD, and 16 GB RAM. Topped it off with a Dell 27" 4K monitor. It's a custom build so now I gotta wait.

That sounds great! Keep us posted on how it goes. We have the same discussion in my house. I’m using several external hard drives for photos, and trying to determine the best way to manage so many. My hard drives keep corrupting. I’m thinking of cloud-based storage. Good luck!

Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat sunrise on November 16th, 2018

Attachments

• Angkor Wat 2.jpg
    Angkor Wat 2.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 20
That sounds great! Keep us posted on how it goes. We have the same discussion in my house. I’m using several external hard drives for photos, and trying to determine the best way to manage so many. My hard drives keep corrupting. I’m thinking of cloud-based storage. Good luck!

We have been using big HD's from Seagate for external storage for a few years W/O trouble.

Here's Mt. Baker, in WA state, moonlit from my high camp at Skyline Divide. What a gorgeous spot and not too hard a hike, a couple thousand feet.

Attachments

• DSC_2746_web.jpg
    DSC_2746_web.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 36
Nice JeffinSeattle. I've tried several moonlight shots and the landscapes I've expected to be moonlit just don't come anywhere near as moonlit as in your shot.

Love looking at everyone else's photos but rarely have something to share. I was out last night experimenting with the astrophotography rig. After processing today, looks like it's worth sharing.

Attachments

• M42 85 stack stretch 28 sat unsharp small.jpg
    M42 85 stack stretch 28 sat unsharp small.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 51

So I've had the new machine for over a month and used it for editing the last 1/3 of the shots from our Utah national parks trip. The monitor is just awesome compared to our old laptop that I used to use, which seemed really good at the time. Below are Corona Arch, Dead Horse Point, and Delicate Arch.

Attachments

• IMG_3410FB.jpg
    IMG_3410FB.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3460FB.jpg
    IMG_3460FB.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3650FB.jpg
    IMG_3650FB.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 28
Those photos are spectacular! You have quite the eye. What type of camera do you use? I recently got into the Sony mirrorless. Do you store your photos on the new computer? Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom