This week marks the start of OMY for me

Al in Ohio

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today I turn 54 and the start of OMY until my FIRE day just after July 4 next year. I am hoping the next twelve months doesn't drag and my workload is steady but not too demanding. Some interesting projects might be nice, but I can't identify any yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats. I have 10 months to go, so I'm right there with you. Go class of '16!

I am approx 11 months out, feel the same way about wanting to get it over and be out. So keep that early July 2016 goal in mind for class of 2016!

I'm down to 8 months. Sometimes the days drag, but paradoxically the months go quite fast. Enjoy counting down your list of "that's the last time I ever do this" as annual activities pass 😃

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Eighteen (18) months here...Jan 2,2017. That's six quarters in sales-speak...

I am at OMY and 1/2 (11-2016 goal).
This week I was sitting around the table with other managers, planning the winter Holiday vacation coverage calendar. I volunteered to be "on site" manager for each one and no one caught on until the end, one of them saw me smiling and said "You won't have to do this next year!"
Yep, my first "thats the last X I have to do". My count down has begun!

I'm down to 8 months. Sometimes the days drag, but paradoxically the months go quite fast. Enjoy counting down your list of "that's the last time I ever do this" as annual activities pass 😃

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I kind of notice that also. Some days seem longer, but then the month is gone by. From this point forward its " well I won't be working another July... August...etc. again"!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I kind of notice that also. Some days seem longer, but then the month is gone by. From this point forward its " well I won't be working another July... August...etc. again"!

Exactly! I caught myself doing that on July 1, when I realized I'll (hopefully) never work another June in the IT field.

Well...except I'll probably make my actual last day June 3, 2016 so I can end on a Friday, and get June benefits paid for before I walk out the door.

June 3rd for Me Also (I hope)

Lone Aspen-
My contract runs until June 30th, but with accumulated leave, I should walk away on the 3rd also. Currently making plans to walk away and then walk onto an airplane to spend two weeks in Mexico!

Congrats! I'm more like TMY. I can say as an experienced OMYer, that you will find the BS bucket's drain gets clogged incredibly easy. Expect many overflows during your OMY time.

Good luck!

Hailing from the class of 2015, it's good to see so many folks getting so close to ER. My last year was extremely painful and slow, so I'm glad to hear that the time is passing by OK for most of you.

Back
Top Bottom