Tiny Peek in ER

Lisa99

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My w*rk computer fried itself yesterday. I work from home and use my computer for literally everthing. I'm five hours to the closest mega-corp office so it will be 'several days' according to tech support before they get a new computer mailed to my house.

This is literally the first time in my long w*rking life that I am at home on a work day, not on vacation and not sick. Honestly it feels kinda weird, but in a good way.

So far I've been to my 6am yoga class, finished a 450-page library book and am now starting on sewing some curtains that I've had the material for going on six months...then I think the puppies and I will go to the park.

This not working is tiring!! :D

They aren't making you burn vacation time for it or travel to the office for a few days? Wow.

Nope, my manager is one of the best I've ever had. Every now and then she will give us a 'mental health day' just because. She knows we work our *sses off for her because she is such an incredible manager.

Her comment when I called in yesterday, "enjoy a few days to yourself!"

The program I run is between releases. If this had happened during a promote to production period I would have been on a plane to CA yeterday.

Last edited:
Nope, my manager is one of the best I've ever had. Every now and then she will give us a 'mental health day' just because. She knows we work our *sses off for her because she is such an incredible manager.

Her comment when I called in yesterday, "enjoy a few days to yourself!"
Privately held company? I can't imagine shareholders in a public company ever tolerating this kind of beneficent policy toward its employees. That can take a penny away from earnings this quarter...

My manager would never ask me to burn vacation since this was not my fault and we have a travel ban for any non-customer activity...ergo I have a couple of days to myself.

Unfortunately I'll have to work 16 hour days to catch up, but this little break is nice. So in the end I won't really have any time off. I'm salary, so I have to do whatever the job requires, regardless of how many hours it takes.

Privately held company? I can't imagine shareholders in a public company ever tolerating this kind of beneficent policy toward its employees. That can take a penny away from earnings this quarter...
Damn them for trying to [-]retain[/-] entertain their employees instead of extract max value!!

Back
Top Bottom