Join Early Retirement Today
Today is the first day!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
Today is the first day!

Today is the official first day of being in the Fleet Reserve (Basically subject to call up for another 9.5 years, but getting a monthly pension check). I have been "retired" for the last 3 months but getting my full pay. My Tricare is paid for the year and will be getting my dental soon.

I am loving not having to put up with the BS of w***king and love just doing things I want to do! My plans are to finish my last 6 hours of my Bachelors and begin online classes to get a Masters in Sports Management, all with my full GI Bill. I also am certified to be a HS Basketball official and will also begin Baseball umpiring in the next month or so for some spending money!

I dont have any regrets!!!!! Life is good!!!!!

Boxkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Congrats on making the break and getting to start your real life.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote