Today was my last day.....

Naturally many/most of us retirees do not take trash out on trash day itself, because we are sound asleep until well after collection time. :D

Yes, and I wish that damn truck wasn't so noisy. Sometimes (not often, but sometimes) it wakes me up. They should be more considerate.

Yes, and I wish that damn truck wasn't so noisy. Sometimes (not often, but sometimes) it wakes me up. They should be more considerate.

Absolutely. A 2PM collection time would be much more relaxing. :D

Absolutely. A 2PM collection time would be much more relaxing. :D

2 PM would be ideal. I don't like the idea of putting out my garbage the night before. So I take out the garbage can and recycle bin out at 7 am. Garbage pickup is early - around 8 am, but the recycle guy comes around 4 pm. I don't want to go pick up the emptied garbage can at 8 am knowing that I'd have to go back for the recycle bin later. So I wait... and generally forget by mid afternoon that it was garbage day at all.

It is far more complicated. First you have to remember what day it is, then you have to remember which day is garbage day, then you have to remember to take out the garbage. :)

I have trained myself to look out the front door every morning, to check if neighbors have put out garbage (Monday here).

I'm lucky as my garbage pick up is Tuesday and Friday.........those are the days I go to the mall for the early walking group...and 74c coffee. :)

Not my job. I make the kids put the containers on the curb and bring them back to garage later.

We live in an apartment building. So, every day can be 'trash day'...or not. But, more importantly, it's never 'mow the lawn day!' :D

We live in an apartment building. So, every day can be 'trash day'...or not. But, more importantly, it's never 'mow the lawn day!' :D

Same here with the trash. But I have had problems with the outside contractor hired by my co-op's managing agent to do the landscaping and grounds maintenance. Sometimes, they are here with their weed whackers and leaf blowers at 7:30 in the morning, violating local noise laws. Even after I complain, they are here at 9:30 AM and the gas fumes and noise end up in my apartment anyway, forcing me to shut my windows for a while in nice weather and making tough to hear my TV until they move to another area (sometimes they come BACK!).

I have had problems with the outside contractor hired by my co-op's managing agent to do the landscaping and grounds maintenance. Sometimes, they are here with their weed whackers and leaf blowers at 7:30 in the morning, violating local noise laws. Even after I complain, they are here at 9:30 AM and the gas fumes and noise end up in my apartment anyway, forcing me to shut my windows for a while in nice weather and making tough to hear my TV until they move to another area (sometimes they come BACK!).

Ever consider goats? :D

Same here with the trash. But I have had problems with the outside contractor hired by my co-op's managing agent to do the landscaping and grounds maintenance. Sometimes, they are here with their weed whackers and leaf blowers at 7:30 in the morning, violating local noise laws. Even after I complain, they are here at 9:30 AM and the gas fumes and noise end up in my apartment anyway, forcing me to shut my windows for a while in nice weather and making tough to hear my TV until they move to another area (sometimes they come BACK!).

EGO Power+ 56 volt Cordless String Trimmer Information - YouTube

Even after I complain, they are here at 9:30 AM and the gas fumes and noise end up in my apartment anyway, forcing me to shut my windows for a while in nice weather and making tough to hear my TV until they move to another area (sometimes they come BACK!).

It could be worse. You could be at work.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom